Murphy's Community Centre in Charlottetown
Starting in September, Murphy’s Community Centre will expand its child-care offering to families in Stratford with their new Stratford After School Program.
The centre has a long history of offering after school care and summer camps in the Charlottetown area.
“We are fortunate to have a 55,000-square-foot facility with a wealth of engaging activities for children,” says Greg MacDougall, general manager of Murphy’s Community Centre.
“We had been hearing from parents in the Stratford area who were interested in sending their children to our community centre to enjoy our full size gymnasium, 14-lane bowling facility, theatre and art room.”
Starting in September, the centre will provide daily escorted transportation from Glen Stewart Primary and Stratford Elementary to Murphy’s Community Centre for school-age children.
The Stratford After School Program will consist of a minimum of 30 minutes of daily physical activity in the full size gymnasium, as well as a rotating schedule of art, drama, music, games and homework help.
They will also offer full day care on PD days and other school cancellation days.
The program will be co-ordinated by Megan Gallant, who has a bachelor of science degree and a bachelor of education degree from the University of Prince Edward Island.
Stratford Mayor David Dunphy says it is great to see the Murphy Community Centre expanding its after school program to include families from the Stratford area.
Murphy’s Community Centre
- A non-profit organization supported by Murphy’s Pharmacies;
- Offers programs and services that benefit seniors, families, children, new immigrants, persons with disabilities and many others;
- The centre offered individuals and non-profit groups the opportunity to raise money for various causes through benefit dances and fundraisers.
- Every dollar spent at Murphy’s Community Centre is reinvested into programs and services that benefit all Islanders.
- For more information on the Stratford After School Program or to register online visit www.murphyscommunitycentre.com. Or call 902-892-1719 Ext 4 or email Stratford@murphyscommunitycentre.com.