MONTAGUE, P.E.I. - The emergency department at Kings County Memorial Hospital will be closed Tuesday from 3 to 10 p.m. due to a temporary lack of physician coverage.
The emergency department will re-open Wednesday, May 23 at 8 a.m.
Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital when:
- Experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest
- Experiencing unusual shortness of breath
- Experiencing abdominal pain
- Experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness
- An injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone
- Achild has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting
- A baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher
For non-urgent care, Islanders are encouraged to visit their primary care provider or a walk-in clinic (www.healthpei.ca/walkinclinics).
Islanders with any health concerns or in need of health information can also call 811 to speak with an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.