© Photo special to The Guardian
Editor: The postal service as I see it, the beginning and the end of our mail service:
1. 1775, British mail service;
2. 1851, British government control mail service;
3. 1867, Federal postal office created;
4. 1878, Federal postal service joins universal postal service;
5. 1927, Mail air service began;
6. 1938, Canada post finances Trans Canada air mail service;
7. Daily air mail service;
8. 1959, Automatic mail sorter invented;
9. 1971, Postal codes;
10. 1981, Canada Postal Corporation Act (the beginning of the end of postal services);
11. 1981, Postal corporation began;
12. 1993, Postal corporation purchased Purolator courier;
13. 1993-2013, save money which includes close post offices/open outlets increase postal rates / stop deliveries and has it saved money? Business I am sure has decreased and services are simply not there.''
14. 2013, My service re: postal service this month has been three monthly statements, two Christmas parcels, one fitted into my mail box, postal cost for that envelope was $10.92. The other one was a trip to the grocery store to retrieve it. The postal cost $12.42, since the store is too far to walk and my family could not retrieve without me now this is funny, I was standing there she asked for photo id which I did not have, but if I printed (not wrote) my relative’s name and signed it, her id became valid.
My thoughts are let’s go back to the services of the 1950-60, it was not bad considering the next level of service seems to indicate walk, crawl or use dog sleds.