Comments

Comments

• voter
    June 25, 2014 - 07:15

harper is a typical arrogant politician-not to be trusted or believed -- trudeau is also arrogant and just a wannabe because my daddy was politician -- same as ghiz-- sad as it sounds -harper is the only choice - TURDEAU is dangerous -oops !!spelling!!

• Eeee
    June 24, 2014 - 17:29

So as usual he slithered in and slithered out

• fred
    June 24, 2014 - 08:32

to Mike C: I am a worker, and NDP cardholder, - but I am not blinded by politics, - I call it as I see it, and Harper has provided us all with intelligent and steady leadership, and as a taxpayer I am thankful for that, and hope it will continue. I don't cut off my nose to spite my face ---..

• townie22
    June 24, 2014 - 07:50

ooh!! the 36% who voted for Harper in the last election are out in force today. whether it's political protocol or not, it would have been common courtesy to invite the Premier of the Province you were visiting, at least the way i was brought up i would have. sneaking in and out and meeting with only certain people is not going to win any votes here for the CPC, and according to the polls, their going to need every vote they can get.

• Angus
    June 23, 2014 - 22:19

Why would anybody be surprised? Premiers do nothing but grandstand for the media and the cameras whenever they get within yelling distance of a PM. They only want 1st ministers conferences so they can fight with the Fed and be the prima donna drama queens they always are. Going back to the days of Trudeau Sr. they never wanted to discuss anything of substance, just to puff themselves up like pouter pigeons for the benefit of the folks back home. Harper's been on to them and the media for a long time. He plays them rather than the other way around.

• kevin
    June 23, 2014 - 21:28

|Don't we all wish we had a chance to snub the Ghiz, - we have to wait till the next election, darn it--

• locust
    June 23, 2014 - 21:26

I think Harper can hold his own in a discussion with Ghiz, but why would he bother listening to hos blather---?

• hobart
    June 23, 2014 - 21:22

Why would he NOT snub Ghiz. This was not an official visit to the Island, no need to involve the Prince ---- We should all be so wise.

• fred
    June 23, 2014 - 21:19

Mike C seems to have troubles with the facts, and seems to believe what the Media tells him, and then only the head lines. They hate he refuses to josh with them every time he turns around. He will go down in history as one of the better Prime Ministers we have had, and everyone ought to be thankful for his leadership. But many people like a dumb-wood like Trudeau, mainly because his stupidity fits well with that of the constituents.

• Mike C
      June 24, 2014 - 06:19

You greatly delusional if you believe harper is the best PM we ever had. But you are a conservative. You go into attack mode, instead of giving facts to support your diatribe. Thank God, you are part of the ever shrinking harper supporter.

• Garth Staples
      June 24, 2014 - 19:05

MIKE---thank heavens PM Harper is changing the landscape of this country and THIS province. Finally freedom to seek your own path not that chosen by the loonie left wing liberals. Finally a whole lot of tax relief. Let me spend my own hard earned money ---not Liberal politicians. Those are the facts you can take to the bank.

• Mike C
    June 23, 2014 - 16:51

Don't get me wrong, as am no Ghiz fan. But wake up Canada. This misdirected PM, is changing the landscape of politics in CAnada. Not in a good way. IT IS COMMON PRACTICE that when a PM visits a Province or Territory to meet with the most senior politician of that Province or Territory!!! It speaks volumes of harper's total distain for anything non-conservative. Very, very shallow. TOTALLY UN-CANADIAN!!!

• Hey Mike
      June 24, 2014 - 08:54

Yes I agree if Ghiz was doing anything other than running PEI into the ground , he should have met him . But let's look at the facts , Harper is pulling Canada out of the RED that the Liberals had put Canada in . Ghiz is just driving PEI further into the RED . They have very little in common , one is trying to get Canada on track & Ghiz is only trying to get friends & outsiders rich . I'm sure he meets with any other Politician that uses common sense when in power , just not the golden spoon fed kid presently in charge here in PEI .

• scottpei
      June 24, 2014 - 11:26

Hey, hey mike - "the RED that the Liberals had put us in" ? Seriously! Where have you been living the last 30 years? Harper inherited a SURPLUS - then proceeded to spend spend spend Canada into a record deficit!! Take the blinders off!

• Garth Staples
      June 24, 2014 - 14:40

I guess he was tired of hearing Ghiz ask for more money to cover his sins. Does Ghiz meet the PM every time he goes to Ottawa------Guess not!