Electrical malfunction starts fire in Summerside home

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Summerside Fire Department

Cause of fire that started in a Summerside home being attributed to an electrical problem

The Summerside Fire Department responded to a structure fire in a three-storey single-family dwelling on Thursday morning.

The Fire Marshal’s Office reported there was a malfunction in the home’s electrical system after wires came in contact with a hot water heating pipe.

The fire has been ruled as accidental, with the area of origin in the crawl space under the rear porch of the structure.

Fire damage was contained to the rear portion of the home, with smoke damage throughout and water damage in the basement.

Organizations: Summerside Fire Department

Geographic location: Summerside, Fire Marshal

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page