Mini-home fire began in laundry closet, says deputy fire marshal

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Fire Truck

A blaze that destroyed a mini-home in Dingwells Mills on April 1 has been attributed to a fire that started in the clothes dryer. Deputy Fire Marshal Robert Arsenault has ruled the fire accidental with the origin in the laundry closet.

The fire at the junction of Route 2 and 4 prompted the response from the Souris and Central Kings fire departments.

No one was hurt and the home was insured.

Arsenault also ruled the fire in a detached residential garage in Mont Carmel also on April 1 undetermined due to the level of destruction of the structure.

Also, Provincial Fire Marshal Dave Rossiter has determined that the fire on March 21 in the Stratford Business Park originated on the main level of Island Pure Water. The cause of the fire is attributed to an electrical fault in equipment used during the water bottling process.

Thick smoke billowed out of the business for more than one hour resulting in three people evacuating the building that houses several businesses.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments