The East Coast Music Awards are well underway on P.E.I and one of the events was Soundwaves held in Stratford Wednesday night.
Soundwaves artists, including Ian Sherwood, Irish Mythen, Chelsea Amber, Coyote, Acres and Acres were scheduled to tour various Island schools this week to give students an opportunity to taste Atlantic music and see the performers.
- Read more special articles:
- Islanders win two awards at ECMA gala
- Musicians swap guitars for hockey sticks in charity game
- Becka deHann takes home ECMA for gospel recording during Sunday brunch
- P.E.I. songwriters spellbind audience
Due to the bad winter weather that tour had to be cancelled but the concluding concert went ahead as scheduled in the Stratford Town Hall.
Also performing at the Soundwaves concert was the band Ripped Paper, winner of the ECMW battle of the bands competition.