Fox takes a snooze in the snow

A fox takes a snooze in the snow in Stratford Saturday

A red fox was seen taking a nap in the snow in Stratford Saturday and did not seem the least bit disturbed by vehicles whizzing by on the nearby Trans Canada Highway. it may have appeared to be half asleep, but as soon as the photographer started to move  closer the fox was up and scurrying to the nearby woods. Thirty minutes later it was seen sleeping in the same place.

Geographic location: Stratford

Comments

Comments

• Brandon Stone
    June 21, 2013 - 10:19

This is like Millwork, Vancouver as well. Nature is just beautifully amazing.

• Bopper
    February 26, 2013 - 11:32

This is groundbreaking stuff. Stay tuned for the story about the seagull eating a french fry and the crow picking around the garbage dumpster.

• cindy cousineau
    February 25, 2013 - 09:15

If we hadn't marginalized all the foxes' living area with irresponsible land use, they wouldn't move into urban areas. We see foxes daily in the city...has there ever been a reported attack on people-just wondering

• Fantastic Mr. Fox
    February 24, 2013 - 22:30

I just moved out west for work and seeing this article makes me miss home even more.. PEI: where the biggest news stories in the last year were when Jimmy forgot to pick up milk on his way home from work and aunt Marie spotted a fox sleeping on the side of the road.

• CONCERNED CARL
    February 24, 2013 - 14:47

rumour has it the fox moved to a new location, hopefully theres a follow up on this new sleeping area

• up east
    February 24, 2013 - 11:58

I live on north of souris, and i have foxes curled up on my front deck most of the summer they will eat right out of your hand i've had as meny as four to five running around the yard at times

• Sheila
    February 24, 2013 - 10:16

I live in Stratford (near the RC Church) and see foxes daily, they make their way through people's yards and don't seem to be a bit afraid or shy of anyone or anything!

• karla callaghan
    February 24, 2013 - 08:22

It is really too easy to get photos of these critters as too many people feed them. I went to take a wildlife photo for a photography class I am taking. All I had to do was drive to Cavendish, and one came running up to me. That shouldn't happen. Glad I got my picture, but people really need to think before giving food to wildlife. They become dependent on the easy meal.

• Nosy Islander
    February 24, 2013 - 07:57

Wow! Without this article I would have been completely in the dark about foxes. I feel so much more informed!

• Josh Howard
    February 23, 2013 - 23:47

The friggin wolfs needsto realize its place u no? Like it does nt need to be around people an r snow banks. Its dangerus. The goverment need sto get this under controll

• Lindsey
      February 24, 2013 - 12:17

Congratulations bud, this is officially the dumbest comment on the guardian website.

• embarrassed
      March 01, 2013 - 22:28

Please don't ever reproduce.

• Wolf
    February 23, 2013 - 19:17

Looks healthy...

• Sylvia
    February 23, 2013 - 18:23

Very nice photo. We live in a rural area but rarely see a fox.

• captain canuck
      February 24, 2013 - 16:07

SYLVIA, that is sad but true. We really dropped the ball educating Islanders about fox and this is the result... you don't get to see one if you are rural! It is of the greatest irony.

• foxy
    February 23, 2013 - 15:13

Lol, well I guess this is better than some news!