UPDATE: Search effort for missing man closes Gulf Shore Parkway

RCMP has closed the Gulf Shore Parkway in the north shore area of Prince Edward Island to accommodate search and rescue activities for a missing 90-year-old Charlottetown man.

P.E.I. RCMP located Everett Clow's pickup truck this morning in the area of North Rustico. Police are now actively focusing their search in that area.

RCMP continue to request the assistance of the public on any information about Clow.

Clow attended a routine medical appointment around 9:15 a.m. yesterday morning in Hunter River. He hasn’t been seen since.

Clow is described as 5’8” and 180 pound with a medium build and has white hair.  He may be wearing glasses.

Clow was last seen wearing black pants, a two-tone jacket and a silver shirt.

Anyone with information on Clow’s whereabouts is asked to call the RCMP at (902) 566-7112 or their local police.

Organizations: RCMP

Geographic location: Charlottetown

Comments

Comments

• CommonSense
    September 14, 2012 - 13:40

I am sure that since the police knew that Mr. Clow was at an appointment yesterday morning in Hunter River that they would have already checked with the nurses at the clinic!!!!!!

• Gerald & Pam Davis
    September 14, 2012 - 12:08

~ You are all in our thoughts & prayers. ~

• Kristi
    September 14, 2012 - 11:07

This is terribly sad, but I wonder what he was told at his appointment. At his age it could have been anything. If it was bad a lot of people like to go off in solitude for their final moments. Most people know when it is their time. I hope it isnt his but if it was may he rest peacefully.

• SG
    September 14, 2012 - 08:56

My prayers are with Mr. Clow and his Family for his safe return.

• good luck
    September 14, 2012 - 08:19

Did the medical personnel he had the appt with notice anything wrong at the time? Sure hope this man is safely found.

• Marie
    September 14, 2012 - 07:48

This makes my heart sad.......Everybody go out to Hunter River and bring this dad, granddad home...I have my fingers crossed for you Mr. Clow. Safe and sound.

• Wilma Hoeppner
      September 14, 2012 - 09:21

Aunt Audrey &Uncle Everett and family, you are all in my prayers today. I pray for a safe return for Uncle Everett. Love Wilna

• Daryl
      September 14, 2012 - 10:13

Although many may feel for the situation, the search and rescue team are en route, and if untrained people start heading out there and doing a disorganized search themselves, they will disrupt important evidence (ever watch Mantracker?), make it harder for the dogs to follow a trail, and waste time searching places already searched by others. If you feel the need to go out and help anyway, PLEASE, report to the RCMP which will be on scene, and wait for instructions, don't simply run around disrupting the area, you would make things worse.