Teen charged with armed robbery

Nancy
Nancy MacPhee

Three young people were robbed by three others on walking trails over weekend

Summerside police have charged a 15 year old in connection with a weekend robbery.

SUMMERSIDE — A 15-year-old has been charged with armed robbery following an incident on the trails near Elm Street over the weekend. The youth will appear in court on Aug. 23 to answer to the charge.

City police are still actively investigating the alleged robbery, which occurred around 1 a.m. on Saturday in which three young people were approached on a section of trail by three other males and robbed.

Police are attempting to identify the other individuals involved.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 432-1201 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

Organizations: Crime Stoppers

Geographic location: Elm Street

Comments

Comments

• Hilary
    August 02, 2012 - 12:51

I live in England and you have a long way to get as bad as it is over here. My roots are firmly set in PEI, and it breakes my heart to hear what is happening over in Prince Edward Island. The parents should have more controle, but then as over here, we went all namby pamby (soft) theres no disaplin as such. When I went to secondary school, there you got the cane...whacked down on each hand...did it do me any harm, course not..I learnt if I did not want that to happen, then I must not keep talking when I should be working.. I could go on, but better leave it at that. Just to add that parents do more harm then good by ignoring the situation ! .

• Gun question
    July 31, 2012 - 21:37

Who owns the gun? Why is a 15 year old out ROBBING someone at 1 a.m.? Our society is going downhill fast. If this is a brat who is doing drugs, maybe he or she should learn a valuable lesson and the parents should be given parenting courses as a mandatory course of action.

• huh
      August 01, 2012 - 10:35

who said anything about a gun?

• Suzie
    July 31, 2012 - 18:12

WHOW!!!! Aged 15 & already into robbery!!! WAY TO GO Mom & Dad!!!

• Tim
    July 31, 2012 - 15:48

bet their mommies are proud....NOT!!!!!

• Shawn
    July 31, 2012 - 15:00

@ROB MAC Don't let one bad apple make the rest look bad.

• sysco
    July 31, 2012 - 13:34

I work till 2 am every morning and I walk them home, they are faster and safer than taking the roads these days with all the drunk drivers

• Strange
    July 31, 2012 - 13:22

one in the morning? who is on the trails then and why?

• Rob Mac
      July 31, 2012 - 13:46

@Strange - who is on the trails at 1am? "Young people" - why? "because they are young people"

• David
      July 31, 2012 - 19:36

Because the so-called parents of the "young people" never grew up themselves. Just breeding doesn't make someone a parent, maybe by definition it is but that's about it. Letting "kids" stay out until 1am isn't parenting it's avoiding the responsibilities of being a parent.