A propane leak was discovered in Murray Harbour.
MURRAY HARBOUR — A propane leak discovered at the local gas station here caused some early morning panic Monday as nearby residences were evacuated.
"Everything was pretty well contained in a short time period and there was no injury or damage,'' confirmed Cpl. Donna McMurrer at the Montague RCMP detachment.
Police assisted the Fire Marshall's Office in evacuating homes within close proximity to the XTR gas station around 8 a.m. and high winds ensured there was no build up of fumes.
"It took about 15 minutes and the leak was contained and things returned to normal,'' said the officer.