Liberals ahead, Tories narrow gap as P.E.I. election looms: poll

Teresa Wright

All eyes on leaders debates as P.E.I. election heads into final week

It looks like it will be a dogfight to the finish of the P.E.I. election with the Liberals and Progressive Conservatives just nine points apart going into the final week of the campaign, according to polling data commissioned by The Guardian and the Journal Pioneer.

The incumbent Liberal party is in the lead, but the Progressive Conservative Party has seen a significant boost in support and has narrowed the gap with the Liberals.

The Corporate Research Associates (CRA) poll of 579 Prince Edward Island residents shows support among decided and leaning voters for the Liberal party at 44 per cent. That's a 14-point drop since the last quarterly CRA poll in February.

PC party support, meanwhile, has grown nine points to 35 per cent.

CRA chairman and CEO Don Mills says these numbers would put the Liberals back in office if the election were held today.

"The race has tightened but the numbers still favour the Liberals," Mills said, noting the Liberals currently have the same lead as when they won the 2011 election.

That means if these numbers hold, the Liberals would garner a similar majority of over 20 seats.

But if the PC party continues to show the same growth in support it has so far garnered through the campaign, it could be a different story.

"The big question mark is this - is there momentum for the PCs? Because there has been such a change in support in a fairly short period of time between the two parties," said Mills.

This is the first publicly released poll conducted since Rob Lantz was elected leader of the PC party. CRA's last quarterly poll ended the day Lantz was elected leader.

At that time, interim PC leader Steven Myers was in third place in personal popularity among party leaders behind the NDP and Liberals at 10 per cent.

Lantz has grown that number significantly, now sitting at 28 per cent. But he is still in second place and 10 points behind Liberal Leader Wade MacLauchlan, whose personal popularity is at 38 per cent. The gap between them is closer, however, in Queens County, with only six points between the two leaders.

Mills says he believes Lantz is responsible for the rise in Tory support through this campaign.

"He's made a material difference for the Conservatives, which is surprising because he's only been the leader for, what, six weeks?" Mills said.

"The Liberals, I think, were counting on the fact a new leader would not get any traction quickly, but he's actually done remarkably well in a short period of time."

Meanwhile, 15 per cent of decided and leaning voters said they would vote NDP and another six per cent said they would vote Green.

The NDP and Green parties' combined support of 21 per cent marks the highest polling results for third parties ever in P.E.I. going into an election.

“The big question mark is this – is there momentum for the PCs? Because there has been such a change in support in a fairly short period of time between the two parties,” Don Mills, CRA chairman and CEO

"If that were to hold, that would be a big change in voting behaviour on the Island, and a lot of that voting behaviour actually hurts the Liberals because people who vote NDP tend to be more sympathetic for the Liberals," said Mills.

NDP Leader Mike Redmond has dropped from 14 to 10 per cent in personal popularity and now stands neck-and-neck with Green party Leader Peter Bevan-Baker, who is at nine per cent.

As for regional party support, the battleground appears to be in central P.E.I.

The Liberals and Tories are just two points apart in Queens County and NDP support is higher at 18 per cent.

"A lot of support that the Liberals previously had in that county has gone to the NDP," Mills said.

That's why he believes Redmond's zero-hour decision to change districts from downtown Charlottetown to Montague on the eve of the election was a mistake.

"He's actually going to hurt his party by not running where they are the strongest, and that may be where the NDP vote may not hold up and go back to the Liberals," Mills said.

The Green Party has focused much of its efforts into trying to get Bevan-Baker elected in his home district of Kellys Cross-Cumberland.

But Mills says at six per cent support in Queens County, that goal is a long shot.

"To think that they could knock off a seat there, it would be pretty surprising."

Mills says he believes this final week of the campaign will be critical for the Liberals and the Tories in determining the outcome of the election.

The leaders debates will likely play a key role, he added. The Guardian's leaders' debate is on Thursday, April 30.

"If the momentum is changing and the election is making a difference, if (Lantz) were to do well in the debates, it doesn't take a lot of shifting to make this a very close race," Mills said.

"It only takes four or five percentage points to change from the Liberals to the PCs and this becomes a much more interesting, nail-biting election."

These results are based on a telephone survey of 579 adult Prince Edward Islanders conducted by CRA with overall results accurate to within plus or minus 4.1 percentage points.

Party results are based only on decided and leaning voters, with a slightly higher margin of 4.5 per cent.

Of the total sample interviewed, 13 per cent were undecided, two per cent refused to state and four per cent said they do not plan to vote.

Organizations: Corporate Research Associates, Journal Pioneer, The Guardian NDP

Geographic location: Prince Edward Island

• Holly
    May 04, 2015 - 17:10

I believe the past Liberal leader let us down financially, but I also believe the current leader will turn these mistakes around. I expect the Liberals will win this election, albeit with a small margin. The PC party does not support or respect womens' rights and I believe this will put them behind in the polls..provincially and federally.

• Lillian
    May 04, 2015 - 14:36

To "Use your own judgement' All I can say to you is I believe that the Liberals are the only ones capable of running this province deeper into the ground than they already" I don't care a liberal is a liberal is a liberal and I agree that he is being run as usual by the back room boys. PNP and e-gaming should have been brought to the fore front and dealt with before the sneaky liberals broke their own policy on a fixed election which would have been the fall of 2015 By not holding to the fixed election date they only showed the public that they think they are above the law. Go Peter Bevan-Baker kick that sitting MLA to the curb. 5 million to her might be nothing but it could have helped a lot of Islanders one hell of a lot. We have been screwed for the past 8 years enough is enough. Anyone who votes liberal must like having their pockets picked.

• Lillian
    May 04, 2015 - 14:34

• MacLaughlan is disrespectful of the electorate by his silence on past deeds
    April 28, 2015 - 10:42

After watching the debate I am changing my vote to support Lantz ,my Liberal vote in the past has brought us corruption and embarrassment and I found Wade MacLaughlan disrespectful..telling Lantz....I am not afraid of you...that's not the point he should be afraid of the electorate.His party abused their positions thru self -enrichment and not once has the Liberal leader apologized or said what was done by his party was wrong.....time for a change.

• Pei resident
    April 26, 2015 - 09:58

Garth Staples, do you have any friends and do people avoid you at gatherings?

• Fed up
    April 26, 2015 - 09:02

Anyone who votes Liberal after the last 8 years of them wrecking PEI...HST killing care worst it's ever been...they deserve what they get. Problem is they will drag the rest of us through it too. Check out the state UPEI was left in financially, after Wade retired. Then transfer his debts to what he will do to PEI. Come ON people....use your heads! Remember the last two terms of Ghiz government....this guy is double the trouble. Same back room boys telling him what to do!

• Bernadette Mulligan
    April 26, 2015 - 08:13

Peter Bevan-Baker is the 1st leader that has a vision for our beloved PEI,in a long, Long time. I went to Toronto, when I was 18 and came back here 26 years later and was told that I was a Conservative because my last name is, Mulligan. I have a brain and there is Green Green sign on my lawn. We need Real Change now, before our Island's water supply and earth is destroyed by the Irvings pressure on government and farmers.

• Ron
      April 27, 2015 - 06:51

I was considering voting Green because I share many of their beliefs on the environment. But the the local candidate came to my door, all he wanted to talk about is abortion, which I am very much opposed to. Perhaps the party should concentrate on their core beliefs and less so on wedge issues

• voter
    April 26, 2015 - 07:48

THE MONEY MEN AND WOMEN tell the politicians what to do --if you think a political party has power just because some people voted for them ,you had do more research !!! Doesn't matter what group of politicians are fronting for the money men ,all politicians do what they are instructed to do --

• Eastern Observer!
    April 25, 2015 - 22:16

I really cannot believe those people who plan to vote Liberal and re-elect the most corrupt, patronizing, inept, untruthful, wasteful government in Island history! I think that they must believe that the newly coronated, appointed leader will be a start of something new, and they can forget the past! Examine the list of 27 Liberal candidates; and you will find 17 out of a possible 23 Liberal incumbents who were part of the Ghiz government! Do you Really want to re-elect those 17 Liberals with their record? The record that the newly nominated, unelected Premier NEVER mentions!!!

• up easterner
    April 25, 2015 - 20:57

• mfkoops
    April 25, 2015 - 19:22

Come pei its time to wake up.Do you really want these back stabbing thieves running this province again.The time has come and this is our chance to elect a great honest leader.Rob Lantz is the man this island needs.So for the sake of all fellow islanders please remember this when you go to the polls. MR. ROB LANTZ FOR PREIMER OF PEI.

• Lewis Point Resident
      April 29, 2015 - 20:25

mfkoops- I couldn't agree with you more. I remember dealing with Rob Lantz when he was on City Council. He was helping me with an issue and he wasn't even the Councillor for my area. He's a breath of fresh air. I think the Conservatives will win. the Liberals have dropped 14 points while the Conservatives have gained 9 points. They are trending up while the Liberals are free falling. I expect that most Islanders will come to the conclusion that eight years of scandal and mismanagement is enough.

• Mother
    April 25, 2015 - 18:43

I have smart high-school children in a private school, who are following this election . They were chocked at the poll today. HAVE THE OVERALL DECENT VALUES OF OUR COMMUNITIES BECOME SO JADED, THAT WE ARE HAPPILY OVERLOOKING POOR, DISHONEST GOVERNING OF THIS LOVEABLE ISLAND?

• Heather
    April 25, 2015 - 18:34

@politicalsense To each his own, of course - but I think I know the liberal 'devil' enough, to want to bank on an other one. My intelligence has been insulted, as has my wallet, but the most importantly insult has been to my values.

• Fed up
    April 25, 2015 - 17:55

Liberals ahead? Unbelievable how ANYONE would vote Liberal after our last 8 years!! If you elect that bunch again, you deserve what you get! Only problem is the rest of us will have to suffer too! Our province is the deepest in debt it ever was. Wade promising all these things he will do? No money? If they were going to be this generous, why didn't they do it the last 8 years?!? Bring new business?!? Businesses are CLOSING so how is Wade going to change that?!? One of their Ads is ridiculous...a young woman says her husband is working out West and she's a "true Islander"....and will vote Liberal...what in the world does that mean when her husband had to go out west to find work?!? Hellllooo?

• Use your OWN judgement
      May 01, 2015 - 07:46

I'm not sure what people don't understand about a new leader,in case people didn't get the memo, Ghiz isn't the leader anymore, I believe under a new leader the liberals are the only ones with capability and knowledge to run our province! The PC's have no one with knowledge or experience, I'm not about to allow the Green Party with no access to anyone or anyone or resources to run a province, my close second would be NDP! Look at the platforms and form an opinion people, as opposed to past government, as for the remaining candidates, they are an overall good group of smart people, who will never become corrupt under a leader who is strictly there to better our provide, he has nothing else to gain, he doesn't need the money, I believe his agenda is spot on and genuin! Don't be illusioned by people who want you to think MacLauchlan is anything compared to Ghiz, Wade is NOT going to put up with corruptness!

• Islandwoman
    April 25, 2015 - 16:30

More of a catfight then a dogfight, from black cats to white cats and back again, just taking turns at the trough. How can any voter consider voting for the liberals or the conservatives? We need an honest government that works for the people. Vote NDP

• Garth Staples
      April 26, 2015 - 13:24

If you vote NDP then you must like the Liberal GHIZ-MacLachlan govt. You also support no budget on which the people can judge the current govt . Is the deficit 55 million or 105 million?

• Babs
    April 25, 2015 - 16:29

Who cares what the poll says, - a week to go and a week for Islanders to reflect on their choices, and their values--- decency, honesty and prosperity. I have full confidence in their judgement, nobody will want a future government that don' t hold those standards, - and we have choices .

• Linda
    April 25, 2015 - 16:24

Honestly if Islanders lower themselves to vote for the LIBERALS again, they are no better than the gang that did us in, financially and ethically. We are portrait in National newspaper as half stupid and corrupt, a victory for the Liberals will seal the verdict of totally stupid and corrupt.

• Civil Servant
    April 25, 2015 - 13:58

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

• ok then
      April 26, 2015 - 17:14

When Lantz decides there are too many of you civil servants, too bad for you.

• resident
    April 25, 2015 - 13:22

My hope: Rob Lantz and Conservatives with modest majority, Peter Bevan Baker in for the Greens in district 17, Mike Redmond in for NDP, and all the incumbent liberals from the old regime wiped off the map...

• Retired voter:
      April 25, 2015 - 21:45

I hope that you are correct! My God; I hope that you are 100% right!!

• Lewis Point Resident
      April 29, 2015 - 20:28

Wow that would be a perfect result.

• Garth Staples
    April 25, 2015 - 13:10

Remember where the seats are: Queens County. A vote for the NDP is a vote to keep the Liberals!

• No Dear
      April 25, 2015 - 14:53

No little garth. A vote for the conservatives is a vote for the liberals. Your heroes are just as corrupt and just as much liars as the liberals are. You should stop supporting them and they might make some gains.

• Ex-Islander
    April 25, 2015 - 12:09

In wonder if the Libs will use the same anti-Harper messaging as their NS counterparts did in 2013. I remember radio advertising that said 'A vote for Jamie Baillie is a vote for Stephen Harper!'

• Matt Murdock
    April 25, 2015 - 12:02

579 people polled is not even close to a decent sample size to get an accurate representation of Islanders thoughts/opinions. The results from this small sample skew the results, in this case in favour of the liberals. Bear this in mind if you base your decision on poll numbers.

• Nitpicker
      April 25, 2015 - 15:22

nonsense. A professional polling company is not going to use a sample size that doesn't give an accurate representation of current thought and opinion. Anyone who bases their vote on a poll doesn't deserve the right to vote.

• SlyFox
      April 25, 2015 - 19:49

579 people polled equals out to be around 2.3% of population of the Island.If you think this is a decent number to represent the whole Island i beg to differ.

• Stella
    April 25, 2015 - 11:41

May the fourth be with you Rob Lantz, I decided this week to vote for you. I changed my vote from last election. Good luck.

• Civil service
    April 25, 2015 - 11:19

MacLauchlan never denied cuts to civil service. I think the polls will continue to move in favor of the PCs. Cutting gov't jobs Wade is not the answer as we rely on these good paying jobs. Lantz on the other hand knows this.

• kyle
      April 25, 2015 - 14:28

70% of the island budget goes to pay civil service.I don`t want people loosing their jobs , but maybe stop hireing after the person retires .Idon`t know how to balance the books when most of the money goes to 1 thing without touching it.

• islander
      April 25, 2015 - 14:30

I don't remember Wade saying he would cut jobs in civil service, however last night on compass news when bruce meet with his Friday political panel ,one thing that did come up was the Provincial debt and according to Paul McNeill 70% of the provinces revenues are paid to civil service workers. that's not including other expenses. with a huge debt problem here on PEI Rob Lantz will have to deal with it, if elected as the next premier, and if civil service takes up 70% of the provincial budget that ain't leaving much left over.

• Bobby
      April 25, 2015 - 14:31

Lantz is simply pandering and avoiding what is inevitable at some point. Kind of like the "there won't be HST'" promise.

• bert
      April 25, 2015 - 18:56

I agree that 70%of salaries are civil servants . Wasn't this way until Liberals got into power, just look at the Liquor Commission head office use to have 8 people now they 20+. No reason for this but Liberals won't fire Liberals.

• ok then
      April 26, 2015 - 17:16

70%? Considering the largest budget in government is Health Care, where do you think the most money will be saved cutting?

• hrcbear
      April 29, 2015 - 11:41

Lantz has a couple of misleading answers, he will do away with Ministers credit cards, take away their government provided veehicles, besides he should know how to run a government all he ever did was plant 6 million trees, the don't pay tax. He also wasn't such a bright light on Chrlottetown Council. Polar Foods all over again.

• too happy
      April 30, 2015 - 10:53

Actually the records of all the previous governments including the polar foods fiasco do not look so bad when piled against the last 4 years!!!

• Oberst
    April 25, 2015 - 11:00

Where have these people been that gave those answer? Have you all forgotten the dirt these people did? Waste money hand over fits for Hills in Borden, Plan B, travelling 1st class around the world , accomplishing nothing. God, I can't even stomach mentioning all these stupid maneuvers ---- The PNP stuff, the apointmet of Allan Campbell, the publishing of confidential e-mails for political purposes. The -gaming, the debt, and all the hidden he 'small' ,we don't know I will look around at my fellow Islanders, and wonder, how can he or she be that stupid as to overlook this, and want more of the same -----

• Vote for Change
      April 25, 2015 - 17:40

So very true ... here here

• Garth S
      April 26, 2015 - 07:06

No one has mentioned the 29 Million for entertainment in 2014. Just a bite over the top

• Smart Voter
      April 26, 2015 - 16:18

Oberst that's exactly what I am thinking. The Liberals have had 2 terms and we are in a lot worse shape than we were years ago. How can anyone in their right mind would want to give them a third term.

• ok then
      April 26, 2015 - 17:18

Everyone is stupid but you, right? Got to hate this whole democracy thing, don't you?

• To Smart Voter
      April 26, 2015 - 18:38

The entire planet is worse off, and I doubt it has anything to do with PEI.

• Easterner
      April 27, 2015 - 08:36

Oberst: I hope that the Liberal biased Guardian will allow this comment to pass this time! I agree totally with your comment! I cannot understand how anyone can vote for a third term for the Ghiz-MacLaughlan team! All of Ghiz's broken promises; plus, 17 out of 23 Ghiz incumbents are running again! Plus Alan Campbell; Ghiz's principal secretary, still working for Wade as his advisor!

• Greg
    April 25, 2015 - 10:51

Not bad, --- with a good push, the Tory's can make it, and rid us of corruption in government, - so we proudly can advertise our Province, as CLEAN AND DECENT.

• mutt
      April 25, 2015 - 17:00

Unfortunately our only choice is crooked or crookeder. The have both shown this in the past. Funny how T Banks stopped complaining 9 years ago..... I don't even want to see the books.

• Heather
    April 25, 2015 - 10:49

This makes you stop and think. After what the liberals have done to this province, not only dependent people, those that reply on liberal patronage and jobs, but apparently intelligent , regular people wants to see this kind of rotten government continue. A vote for the liberals is a stamp of approval, - we will continue with arrogant deputy minister and political appointees doing whatever is best for the party , NOT the people. Amazing mentality, - boggles the mind.

• political sense
      April 25, 2015 - 16:04

interesting what you say heather. The liberals doing whats good for the party , not the people. think, they all done that in the past, and that that's why its called politics, but I wouldn't say that just because another party isn't going to do the same thing that they say " we will be different " doesn't always come to fruitation. sometimes its better to stay with the devil you know, rather than the devil you don't know.

• Enough of this!!
      April 25, 2015 - 21:56

To Political Sense: I cannot stomach the "Devil I Know" anymore! I know that I will be better off with the " Devil I do not know"! It could not be any worse for this Island than the Ghiz- MacLaughlan Liberal government!!!

• Billy
    April 25, 2015 - 10:24

Sounds like a story from Ontario. Be as corrupt as you like, we will vote for again.

• Seahorse
    April 25, 2015 - 09:51

The leader's debate should have determine who will win

• I Guess
    April 25, 2015 - 09:07

I guess us Islanders are not getting any smarter . Still prefer to be lied to & stole from and obviously don't give a damm about our childern & grand Childern's future . All I can say is SHAME on us as parents & grand parents. We don't deserve to have the gift of childern when we leave this mess for them to deal with .

• ok then
      April 26, 2015 - 17:21

That's why we need more abortion services.

• Question
    April 25, 2015 - 08:24

Any other polls? CRA have always favored Liberals, just wondering what the others have seen their crystal balls?

• Question
    April 25, 2015 - 08:18

• a week to go
    April 25, 2015 - 08:17

With a week to go, Islanders will have time to realize, that to live with themselves, they will need to vote for an other party than the Liberals. An honorable person, to create an honest and decent community , sometimes has to take a stand for right or wrong. I am sure that by May 4th, people will decide it is time to give the Liberals time OUT to recollect and find a moral standard that matches the thinking of the people they govern.

• Bull
    April 25, 2015 - 08:14

This is laughable. Facebook polls would be more accurate.

• Toronto girl
    April 25, 2015 - 08:10

Tell me there is a mistake here, ---- Who in hell could be that stupid as to vote this gang of MIS-Management EXPERTS in again???? So Father Wade looks reassured and measured enough, but he is keeping the rest of them around him, - and the whole scenario by which he became Premier should be enough for thinking people to reject the liberals this time around.

• Still time
    April 25, 2015 - 08:06

With a week to go, there is still time for people to realize, what is at stake her in this election. We have the opportunity to get new thinking into the House by electing the leaders of the NDP and Greens. Both credible people. We also have the opportunity to signal to the rest of the country, that we still stand for honesty and decent standards of behavior by not electing the 16 MLAs that did NOT represent us properly during the Ghiz years, but spend us into hard times. We need to stand up and make changes that will benefit our children and grandchildren, and show right from wrong.

• Observation
    April 25, 2015 - 07:57

Is it possible that over the years the Liberal Party of PEI has managed to create a feeling of indebtedness in a large number of the people of PEI, to the point a majority is afraid of loosing something if they vote for en honest party? How else can it be explained that so many people feel compelled to re-elect this party after two terms of mismanagement and corruption?

• Toronto
    April 25, 2015 - 07:52

What am I to tell people? That the story about PEI in the Globe, was o.k. with Islanders, and they are asking for more of the same and are voting the Liberals in again.? I can't believe it? Smarten up for goodness sake, our reputation as an honest lot is at stake here.

• Frank
    April 25, 2015 - 07:49

So Islanders appear ready to reward 16 MLAs that sat by and put us in debt to the tune of 3 bill. dollars with an other term at the trough? Astounding, Have they left their heads ??

• Is;anders deep down want change
    April 25, 2015 - 07:48

A race for sure and 51 % want change with 13% undecided... what does that tell you....64% are not pleased with the behaviour and GAUL of the previous GHIZ- Mac Laughlin Regime..especially in Queens County where most of the self-enrichment took place with patronage and was so it was so a result the TORIES showing momentum especially in Queens Co.Kings county has changed since this poll has done ...with Myers and Compton making big gains.... Gord McNIELLY is getting attention for the NDP in district 14...that will greatly affect CASEY in her riding,....People are not happy and want change....the debates will be interesting......

• Jim
    April 25, 2015 - 07:44

If Islanders put the liberals in again, it is a case study for a phycology major. They lied, cheated and screwed us, and still some will run out and vote them in again. Was the last election where Ghiz got in again, not a lesson for us to think before we vote. For God's sake, fellow Islanders, don't let us be stupid again.

• office girl
    April 25, 2015 - 07:39

As an off Island client said yesterday, this is as much about seeing the level of moral standard of Islanders as it is about electing a government. He said the rest of the country is tuned in because of the Globe Story. If this poll turns out to be right, our leve.l is pretty low, if we have any standards at all.

• jim
    April 25, 2015 - 07:07

A poll of under 1% of the population doesn`t look like anything to put any faith in. Majority of the people I have talked to left no doubt the would not be voting Liberal

• ok then
      April 26, 2015 - 17:23

Are the people you talk to more than 1% of the population and a randomly selected sample? If not, then they don't count as a proper statistical sample.

• Walter
      April 26, 2015 - 19:34

You do not understand polling. check out 308 dot com. The typical federal poll has 2000 to 3000 people. This works out to 0.01%. 1% is a huge sample size.

• Walter
      April 26, 2015 - 19:35

• Go Team MacLaughlan
    April 25, 2015 - 06:56

You can do it!!

• Blah
      April 26, 2015 - 14:52

don't make me puke

• Zero Tolerance for Lies
      April 29, 2015 - 20:54

I take it that you must be eating from the Liberal money trough to want to continue to support this corrupt Regime. How terribly sad. TIME FOR A CHANGE!!

• Marion
    April 25, 2015 - 06:48

Wow 14pt drop i'd say another 14 pt drop by May 4th as well......if I were a betting girl id say the Tories form the next government on PEI.... just saying!

• Cant wait!
    April 25, 2015 - 06:45

I cant wait till May 4th when the people have the true poll-the only poll that counts! The Liberals will be in the back benches....its sad how truly dishonest this govt has been the past 8 years!

• Huge News
    April 25, 2015 - 06:26

Breaking News!! Rob Lantz is more popular than Steven Myers. Polls before and after the leadership convention show PC have increased popularity from the dreadful lows they reached under Myers to the exact numbers they had in 2011 when Olive Crane was leader. Now it's time to sit back and watch Conservatives on here say "9% gain from rock bottom is HUGE" and then in the same post say, " 9% Liberal lead in popularity is not that great" With a first past post system, 44% compared to 35% is actually a 20.4% lead. But spin away Conservatives, spin away.

• Zero Tolerance for Lies
      April 29, 2015 - 20:45

During the last election we were told by the Liberals that they would not introduce the HST. After they were re-elected they introduced the HST and said it would lead to prosperity and generate the revenue to balance the budget in 2015-16. Two flagrant lies. Islanders are not stupid. In spite of the current poll, Islanders will not condone being taken for fools. When it comes time to vote, I know they will do the right thing. The 17 MLAs from the former Liberal government should all go down to defeat. Zero Tolerance for Liers!!

• Dinky Dalton
    April 25, 2015 - 05:28

With all the scandals surrounding the Liberals, all I can do is laugh. We'll see which party is ahead come election day.