Three P.E.I. drivers finished in the top five of the Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Tour’s Ceilidh Honda Triple 50’s event in Antigonish, N.S., on Saturday.
Dylan Gosbee of Cornwall was third, Greg Proude of Springvale finished fourth and Brudenell’s Jonathan Hicken had a fifth-place showing.
Cole Butcher of Hantsport, N.S., picked up his first career Riverside International Speedway victory. The unique triple-50 format provided a thrilling race for drivers and fans alike.
Proude paced the field for the first 50 laps prior to the Riverside roulette wheel being spun, which resulted in an inversion of the top five cars, placing Nicholas Naugle of Dartmouth, N.S., on the pole for the second 50 laps.
Naugle proceeded to lead laps 51 to 100 when the Riverside roulette wheel inverted the top-10 cars, placing Butcher in front of the field for the final 50 laps and he never looked back. Dylan Blenkhorn of Truro, N.S., finished second.
Atlantic Tiltload Heat Races set the field for the Ceilidh Honda Triple 50’s. Proude, Gosbee and Shawn Pierce of Bridgewater, N.S., all picked up victories in their respective heat races. Ashton Tucker of Miramichi, N.B., won his second Rookie of the Race Award this season with a seventh-place finish. Blenkhorn took home the Kenny U-Pull Hard Charger award after picking up 12 positions during the feature. Proude, Naugle and Butcher all tied for most laps led.
The NAPA Sportsman Series entertained fans for an exciting 75 lap feature prior to the Triple 50’s. Darren Price (Main-A-Dieu, NS) took home the first victory of the season on the Series. Price had to battle Matt Vaughan (Fletcher Lake, NS) and Brad Eddy (Lower Sackville, NS) who finished second and third respectively.
The Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour is off next weekend, but returns to Scotia Speedworld for the Nova Truck Centres Make A Wish 150 on Saturday, June 22, at 4 p.m.
Results from the Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Tour’s Ceilidh Honda 50’s event in Antigonish, N.S., on Saturday:
Driver Laps Hometown
1. Cole Butcher 150 Porter’s Lake, N.S.
2. Dylan Blenkhorn 150 Truro, N.S.
3. Dylan Gosbee 150 Cornwall.
4. Greg Proude 150 Springvale.
5. Jonathan Hicken 150 Brudenell
6. Nicholas Nagule 150 Dartmouth, N.S.
7. Ashton Tucker150 Miramichi, N.B.
8. Kent Vincent 150 Crapaud
9. Waylon Farrell 150 Conception Bay South, N.L.
10. Robbie MacEwen 150 Charlottetown
11. Craig Slaunwhite 150 Terrance Bay, N.S.
12. Chris Hughes 149 Brackley Beach.
13. George Koszkulics 149 New Glasgow, N.S.
14. Chris Reid 149 Fort McMurray, Alta.
15. Jarrett Butcher 149 Porter’s Lake, N.S.
16. Russell Smith Jr. 149 Lakeside, N.S.
17. Shawn Turple 148 Enfield, N.S.
18. Shawn Pierce 116 Blockhouse, N.S.
19. John Flemming 103 Halifax, N.S.
20. Kyle Reid 102 Fort McMurray, Alta.
21. Donald Chisholm 49 Antigonish, N.S.
22. Craig Ward 43 Riverview, N.B.
Margin of victory – 0.244.
Cautions – 2.
Lead changes – 3.
Most laps led – Greg Proude, 29.
Atlantic Tiltload heat winners – Greg Proude, Dylan Gosbee, Shawn Pierce.
Kenny U-Pull Elmsdale hard charger – Dylan Blenkhorn.
Exide Batteries rookie of the race – Ashton Tucker.
Next event – Nova Truck Centres 150 at Scotia Speedworld near Halifax on June 22 at 4 p.m.