The Holland Hurricanes fell to 0-2 (won-lost) at the 2019 Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) women’s soccer championship afternoon in Edmonton, Alta.
The NAIT Ooks scored goals in the 19th and 72nd minutes en route to a 2-0 win over the Hurricanes on Thursday afternoon.
Holland College dropped its opening game on Wednesday 3-0 to the Fanshawe Falcons.
The Hurricanes, champions of the Atlantic Collegiate Athletic Association (ACAA) conference, will return to action on Saturday at noon, Atlantic Time. The Hurricanes will face the losing team of the game between the Concordia Thunder and Seneca Sting.
At the CCAA men’s soccer championship in Oshawa, Ont., the Hurricanes lost to the Douglas Royals 4-3 on Thursday.
The Hurricanes went into the game 0-1 after losing their opening game 2-1 in penalty kicks to the Red Deer Kings on Wednesday.
- Click here for update on the opening game for the Holland College men's team:
- Click here for update on the opening game for the Holland College women's team:
- Click here for feature story on West Devon native Hayden Porter of the Holland College men's soccer team:
- Click here for story on Hayden Porter named ACAA male athlete of the week:
- Click here for story on Holland Hurricanes sweeping ACAA soccer championships:
- Click here for feature story on Borden-Carleton native Rachel Green of the Holland College women's soccer team: