Summerside native Bennett MacArthur scored his first Quebec Major Junior Hockey League regular-season goal Wednesday night.
MacArthur, a forward with the Summerside D. Alex MacDonald Ford Western Capitals of the Maritime Junior Hockey League, was recalled by the Acadie-Bathurst Titan.
MacArthur opened the scoring 2:16 and the Titan went on to defeat the visiting Cape Breton Eagles 5-1. It was the second time this season Acadie-Bathurst has called MacArthur up.
MacArthur, an 18-year-old Summerside native, is third in Caps’ team scoring with 19 goals and 18 assists for 37 points in 27 regular-season games.
Elsewhere in the QMJHL Wednesday evening, Jordan Spence of Cornwall scored the Moncton Wildcats’ lone goal in a 3-1 loss to the host Saint John Sea Dogs. Jeremy McKenna of Summerside assisted on Spence’s third goal of the season.
The Wildcats recalled Isaac Wilson of the Western Capitals for this game. It was Wilson’s seventh game with the Wildcats this year.
- Click here for update on two Western Capitals called by QMJHL teams for Wednesday's games:
- Click here for feature story on Bennett MacArthur:
- Click here for story on Bennett MacArthur named Maritime Junior Hockey League's rookie of the month for October:
- Click here for story on Isaac Wilson seeing playing time with Moncton Wildcats:
- Click here for story on Isaac Wilson making an impression with the Western Capitals: