Prince Edward Island Christmas lights map — Click to submit your lights
Get creative with Christmas projects right at home
A gift to anticipate
Sewing love, cheer into every stitch
Island of inspiration: Artist Adam Young paints vibrant scenes of East ...
Rooted in Christmas tree traditions
Holiday help at the ready
Recipes for the holidays
Decor, function go hand in hand with this DIY holiday project
Must-watch holiday movies
This rum cake tastes like redemption
Cameron Davis will carry the P.E.I. flag for his team during the 2019 Canada Winter Games opening ceremony next week.
Davis, who will participate in men’s artistic gymnastics during Week 1 of games in Red Deer, Alta., will be front and centre during the opening ceremony Friday, Feb. 15.
The ceremony will be broadcast live from the Centrium on Canada Games TV www.canadagamestv.ca.
“It is a tremendous honour to be named the flag bearer for Team P.E.I.,” Davis said. “I'm representing much more than myself, my team and my city – I get to represent the entire province.”
Davis is a Grade 12 student at Colonel Gray High School and son of Paula Clark and Pat Davis of Charlottetown. He is a three-time medalist at 2018 Eastern Canadian Gymnastic Championships (two silver, one bronze).
Davis has lived his entire life with cystic fibrosis (CF). He spends 45 minutes every morning and evening going through a regimented medical routine to help deal with CF.
He has three off-Island doctor’s appointments each year and has to take a couple of dozen pills every day.
In addition to training 18.5 hours every week, Davis spends one of his two days off coaching a group of young boys in the artistic gymnastic club’s recreation program.
Team P.E.I.’s delegation totals 222 individuals, including 153 athletes, 54 team officials and 15 mission staff.
For more information about Team P.E.I. and to follow their progress as they compete in 15 sports, visit www.teampei.ca, or follow them on social media: Facebook, Twitter.com/Team_PEI, Instagram.com/Team_PEI.
- Consists of 19 teams in 15 sports
- Week 1 Teams – Biathlon, gymnastics (M) (W), hockey (M), ringette, speed skating (long-track and short-track), table tennis
- Week 2 teams – Alpine ski, archery, badminton, cross-country ski, curling (M) (W), figure skating, hockey (W), judo, snowboard, squash.
- Total contingent: 222 individuals, 153 athletes, 54 team officials and 15 mission staff
- Location: Red Deer, Alta. Athlete’s Village: Red Deer College. Host Canada Games website: www.canadagames.ca/2019
- Week 1: Departing Thursday, Feb. 14, 9 a.m.; arrival at 12:35 p.m. (Alberta time). Returning home to Charlottetown Saturday, Feb. 23 at 9 a.m.
- Week 2: Departing Saturday, Feb. 23 at 10 a.m., arriving at 1:45 p.m. (Alberta time). Returning home Sunday, March 3 at 6:35 p.m.
- Opening ceremonies — Friday, Feb. 15, 7 p.m., Centrium, Westerner Park
- Closing ceremonies — Saturday, March 2, 7 p.m., Centrium, Westerner Park