Dylan Blenkhorn of Truro, N.S., increased his lead in the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour Series standings over Brudenell’s Jonathan Hicken Saturday in River Glade, N.B.
Blenkhorn won the Cummins 200 at Petty International Raceway to record his third victory of the season. Hicken was second in the 17-car field.
Blenkhorn grew his points lead from 14 to 21 over Hicken with two races remaining in the 12-race season.
Nicholas Naugle of Dartmouth, N.S., picked up his first podium finish on the series Saturday by placing third.
Former series champion Shawn Turple of Enfield, N.S., and Charlottetown’s Robbie MacEwen rounded out the top five, respectively. The Cummins 200, which had three cautions, took an hour and 20 minutes to complete.
Craig Slaunwhite of Terence Bay, N.S., Blenkhorn and Brackley Beach’s Chris Hughes won heat races.
The tour returns to action on Sept. 7 with the penultimate Lucas Oil 150 at Riverside International located near Antigonish, N.S. The season finale takes place Sept. 14 with the Dartmouth Dodge 200 at Scotia Speedworld near Halifax.
Results from Saturday’s Cummins 200 at Petty International Raceway in River Glade, N.B. It was Race 10 of the 12-race Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour season.
Driver Laps Hometown
1. Dylan Blenkhorn 200 Truro, N.S.
2. Jonathan Hicken 200 Brudenell.
3. Nicholas Naugle 200 Dartmouth, N.S.
4. Shawn Turple 200 Enfield, N.S.
5. Robbie MacEwen 200 Charlottetown.
6. Russell Smith Jr. 200 Lakeside, N.S.
7. Dylan Gosbee 200 Cornwall.
8. Waylon Farrell 200 Conception Bay South, N.L.
9. Darren MacKinnon 199 Charlottetown.
10. Craig Slaunwhite 199 Terence Bay, N.S.
11. Jarrett Butcher 199 Porter's Lake, N.S.
12. Chris Hughes 199 Brackley Beach.
13. Kent Vincent 198 Crapaud.
14. Shawn Pierce 197 Blockhouse, N.S.
15. Terry Dougay 196 Albany.
16. Craig Ward 195 Riverview, N.B.
17. Greg Proude 65 Springvale.
Margin of victory – 0.784
Number of cautions – 3
Lead changes – 2
Atlantic Tiltload heat winners – Craig Slaunwhite, Dylan Blenkhorn and Chris Hughes.
Most laps led – Dylan Blenkhorn.
Kenny U-Pull Elmsdale hard charger – Dylan Blenkhorn.
Exide Batteries rookie of the race – Russell Smith Jr.
Next event – Lucas Oil 150 at Riverside International Speedway near Antigonish, N.S., on Sept. 7 at 4 p.m.