CAMPBELLTON, P.E.I. - A body has been found along the shoreline near Campbellton, P.E.I. and family members of Maurice (Moe) Getson have confirmed the identity of their missing brother.
Emergency crews are at the scene located about 45 kilometres from the site of a boating accident that took place six days ago in North Cape.
Members of the Getson family were also at the scene while crews worked to recover the body.
The coroner's office has taken possession on the remains.
On Tuesday, Sept. 18, the Kyla Anne, capsized. One crew member was able to make it to shore and call for help, but the ship’s captain Glen DesRoches and first mate Moe Getson were not able to make it to safety.
The body of DesRoches was recovered early Sunday morning and crews continue to search for Getson.
More to come in our print and online editions.
- UPDATED: Body of one of two missing Tignish, P.E.I. fishermen found
- Family, faith, fishing and nature important to missing P.E.I. captain
- West Prince residents continue searching for missing P.E.I. fishermen
- Ground search area expanded for two missing Tignish, P.E.I., fishermen
- West Prince comes together as search continues for missing fishermen
- Coast guard ends search for two P.E.I. fishermen missing off North Cape
- Survivor swims to shore, walks two kilometres for help after fishing boat goes down off North Cape, P.E.I.