Due to weather, the following Health P.E.I. services have been impacted:
- Appointments at the Alberton Health Center, Tyne Valley health Center and O'Leary Health Center cancelled for the day.
- COVID-19 testing clinics in Borden and Three Oaks High school are closed for the day.
- Summerside COVID-19 vaccine clinic will go ahead as scheduled at 10 a.m. To reschedule an appointment, call 1-844-975-3303.
- COVID-19 testing clinic in Slemon Park is closed for the day.
- A COVID-19 testing clinic will be opened in Montague today from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Charlottetown and Stratford COVID-19 testing clinics will open as usual.
- There will be no COVID-19 testing clinic in O’Leary.
Information related to services impacted by the weather is available at healthpei.ca/storm-centre.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.
A Stroke is medical emergency, do not drive to the hospital CALL 9-1-1. Learn the signs of stroke, think FAST: Face: is it drooping? Arms: can you raise both? Speech: is it slurred or jumbled? Time to call 9-1-1 right away.
Contact information for primary care walk-in-clinics: healthpei.ca/walkinclinics.
Islanders with appointments at hospitals, clinics and other health care services are reminded to call ahead to confirm their appointment – or notify staff if they are unable to make the appointment.