Interministerial Women’s Secretariat Grants went to seven organizations across P.E.I. in 2017.
The annual grants help organizations that provide direct services and programs for the benefit of women and girls; support projects that enhance awareness, education and social action on women’s legal, health, social and economic equality; and/or support the capacity of women’s organizations that promote women’s equality through advocacy, research and policy development.
• Women's Network P.E.I. – $16,600 for the project Sharing Leadership: Engaging all ages in the Women's Movement in P.E.I. The goal of this project is to create connections across the women's movement and close the generational gap in feminism to strengthen the leadership of individuals and organizations working for women
• P.E.I. Rape and Sexual Assault Centre – $7,000 for the project Supporting Survivors of Sexual Violence in PEI. The goal of this project is to evaluate the therapy program offered to survivors of sexual violence at the centre
• Cooper Institute - $5,000 for the project Women on the Margins: Education and Policy Change for Migrant Women. The goals of this project are to increase migrant women's democratic participation, to increase the reach of support and resources for migrant women in P.E.I. and to support the development and implementation of provincial policy best practices for migrant women
• P.E.I. People First - $9,000 for the project Our Voices Count: Women with Intellectual Disabilities Speak up for Accessible Services. Through this project, women with intellectual challenges will be empowered and provided with leadership opportunities, service providers will receive information to better meet the needs of women with intellectual disabilities and a guide to making services more accessible to women with intellectual disabilities will be created.
• Community Legal Information Association - $12,200 for the project Family Law Matters. This project will create a set of plain language family law resource materials that will increase awareness about the rights of immigrants and newcomers to Canada when dealing with family law issues
• P.E.I. Business Women's Association - $9,200 for the project Building Capacity in Young Women in P.E.I. The funding is for a cohort of women to have a program delivered in the summer of 2017 and attend the FFIF Social Entrepreneurship Conference
• East Prince Women's Information Centre – $9,000 for the project Safe Girls. The funding is for East Prince youth to develop facilitation and leadership skills for future peer support. The focus will be on positive online messaging to enhance cyber-safety and resilience
For more information about the Interministerial Women’s Secretariat Grants, click HERE.