The City of Charlottetown has issued traffic advisories for areas throughout the city on Oct. 9.
Walker Drive, between Kensington Road and Garfield Street, will be closed for the day for construction (local traffic only).
Lower Malpeque Road, between Gates Drive and Bell Heights South, will be reduced to one lane alternating traffic from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Traffic control personnel will be on site.
Fitzroy Street, between Weymouth Street and Hillsborough Street, will be closed for the remainder of the day Oct. 9, to allow the Water and Sewer Utility department to install services. The sidewalk on the south side of Fitzroy Street will also be closed.
Euston Street, between Pownal Street and Queen Street, will be reduced to one lane alternating from approximately 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a tree removal. The public is advised to avoid this area if possible as delays are expected.
Curbs and gutters
Curb and gutter repairs are taking place on Belvedere Avenue, between Mt. Edward Road and Maple Avenue. There will be no designated left turning lane from Belvedere Avenue onto Mt. Edward Road. Motorists are advised to avoid this area as other delays are possible.
Curbing work is scheduled to take place in the following areas for the week of Oct. 7 - 11:
- Church Street, between Grafton Street and Richmond Street
- Cooper Avenue, between Queen Street and Atlantic Road.
- Grafton Street, between Hillsborough Street and Hensley Street.
- Euston Street, between Pownal Street and Queen Street.
This work is scheduled to take place in the morning and there may be some delays to motorists.
- Mt. Edward Road, between Woodlawn Drive and Centennial Drive.
- Belvedere Avenue, between Mt. Edward Road and the UPEI roundabout.
Traffic flow will be restricted with lane closures but through traffic flow will be maintained.
Sidewalk work is scheduled to take place in the following areas for the week of Oct. 7 - 11:
- Northridge Parkway, between Andrews Court and Hunter Lane.
- Beach Grove Road, between Kirkcaldy Drive and North River Road.