- All Public Schools Classes are cancelled today.
- All Professional Development scheduled for today is cancelled.
- French Language School Board classes cancelled for today.
- Collège de l'Île campuses are closed for the day.
- Holland College campuses are closed for the day.
- UPEI will open at noon and classes will resume at 12:30 p.m.
- Atlantic Veterinary College delaying opening until 12 p.m.
- Montessori School of Charlottetown closed for the day.
- All three campuses of Island Montessori Academy are delaying opening until 12 p.m.
Due to inclement weather and road conditions, the following Health P.E.I. services have been impacted:
- Health P.E.I.’s office in Charlottetown (16 Garfield Street) and the P.E.I. Medicare Office in Montague (126 Douses Road) are closed to the public until 10:30 a.m.
- All Women’s Wellness and Sexual Health Services appointments across the province scheduled before 12 p.m. (noon) are cancelled
- All Public Health Nursing appointments province-wide scheduled before 12 p.m. (noon) are cancelled
- All Public Health Family Nutrition appointments province-wide scheduled before 12 p.m. (noon) are cancelled
- All Public Health Dental Program appointments province-wide in Prince and Queens Counties scheduled before 12 p.m. (noon) are cancelled
- All Public Health Speech Language Pathology appointments province-wide scheduled before 12 p.m. (noon) are cancelled
- All Public Health Audiology appointments province-wide scheduled before 12 p.m. (noon) are cancelled
- All Public Health Pediatric Psychology appointments province-wide scheduled before 12 p.m. (noon) are cancelled
Cancelled patient appointments are being rescheduled.
Health P.E.I. reminds Islanders with appointments at hospitals, clinics and other health care services to call ahead to confirm their appointment – or notify staff if they are unable to make the appointment.
Health P.E.I. will provide updates whenever health programs and services are impacted. For the full list of health services impacted, visit princeedwardisland.ca and click on the health alert at the top of the page.
Islanders are also reminded to call 811 for non-urgent health care advice or 911 in the event of an emergency.
- The Guardian newspaper delivery will be delayed due to road conditions caused by high winds and drifting snow.
- Journal Pioneer newspaper delivery will be delayed due to road conditions caused by high winds and drifting snow.
Ice pellets mixed with snow changing to rain showers and flurries are expected this morning, with blowing snow early in the morning turning to flurries this afternoon. Wind gusts up to 80 km/h are expected with today’s high of 2 C falling to -3 C this afternoon
Flurries amounting to two centimetres will end near midnight then become partly cloudy. Winds will gust to 50 km/h (and up to 70 km/h along parts of the coast). Tonight’s low will be -12 C, but with the wind chill it will feel like -11 C in the evening and -24 C overnight.
WIND WARNING (KINGS COUNTY): The wind warning for Kings County was lifted at 4 p.m.
WINTER STORM WARNING (PRINCE AND QUEENS COUNTIES): The winter storm warning for Prince and Queens counties has ended.
For updates, visit Weather.gc.ca.
BRIDGE TRAFFIC RESTRICTION: For user safety, the Confederation Bridge has restricted certain classes of vehicles from crossing until the current high wind situation changes.
Restricted classes include:
- Automobiles towing trailers
- High-sided vehicles including trucks, tractor trailers, recreational vehicles and buses.
Bridge restrictions were put into place at 5:45 a.m. Motorists will be advised when the situation changes.
For updates, visit Confederationbridge.com.
- Air Canada flight 8512 scheduled to depart for Montreal at 5:15 a.m. has been cancelled.
- Air Canada flight 7517 scheduled to depart for Toronto at 6 a.m. has been cancelled.
For updates, visit Flypei.com.