There will be a mix of sun and cloud across the province Tuesday with a 30 per cent chance of showers in the afternoon and a high of 11 C.
A word from SaltWire Network chief meteorologist Cindy Day:
“The clockwise rotation around a high-pressure system south of Lake Erie is serving up a cold northwest wind with gusts to 60 km/h today. Meanwhile, moisture in the form of showers is on the way as a system backs in. The wind will shift to the south by Wednesday morning as another area of wet weather approaches; rainfall totals should be in the 15- to 20-millimetre range Thursday morning. Gradual clearing will come Thursday afternoon, and Friday should be fair, with a return to near-normal temperatures. The next rainmaker will approach from the west on Saturday with light showers; clearing follows on Sunday, but it looks like we’re in for another drop in temperature early next week.”
Click here for weather updates throughout the day from the SaltWire Network weather desk.
June 2, 2020
- WIND: Light becoming NW 15 knots in the afternoon.
NORTHUMBERLAND STRAIT- WESTERN HALF: STRONG WIND WARNING
- WIND: NW 20 knots
NORTHUMBERLAND STRAIT- EASTERN HALF: STRONG WIND WARNING
- WIND: NW 20 knots
GULF – MAGDALEN: STRONG WIND WARNING
- WIND: NW 25 knots
- WAVES: 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 metres near noon
- Attention: All unnecessary interprovincial travel is currently prohibited by the public authorities. For information on authorized travel to P.E.I., contact public authorities by email at email@example.com or by phone at 902-894-0385. For travel information to New Brunswick, call 1-800-561-4034.
- Advisory: Shuttle and apprehensive driver service is closed. No cash at toll plaza.
For updates, visit confederationbridge.com.
For flight schedules and COVID-19 travel information, visit flypei.com.
For coronavirus YYG updates, click here.
Northumberland Ferries Ltd.
Service is available Monday through Friday (no service on Saturday or Sunday) for large commercial trucks (larger than 30-feet in length) and their drivers only. Services for all other travellers will not be permitted until inter-provincial travel restrictions are lifted, or the travel is otherwise permitted by the public health authorities.
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday (no service on Saturday or Sunday)
- Departing Wood Island, P.E.I. at 6:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Departing Caribou, N.S. at 8 a.m., 11:15 a.m. and 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
To read the NFL’s COVID-19 response measures, click here.
For more information, visit Ferries.ca or call the Wood Islands ferry terminal at 902-962-3635.