- Public Schools Branch schools are cancelled for the day.
- French Language School Board schools are cancelled for the day.
- Grace Christian School is closed for the day.
Weather – Freezing rain, rain and wind
Freezing rain or ice pellets will change to rain this morning. About 10 millimetres of rain is expected with gusting to 70 km/h. Today’s high is 4 C.
Showers with fog patches developing this evening and dissipating before morning. About two to four millimetres of rain is expected with wind gusting to 60 km/h. Tonight’s low is 0 C.
Special weather statement
A messy mix of wintry weather expected today.
- Location: Prince Edward Island.
- Time span: early this morning until Wednesday morning.
- Remarks: Snow and ice pellets are expected over western areas of Prince Edward Island beginning early this morning. Over central and eastern areas, freezing rain or ice pellets have begun. Charlottetown airport reported freezing rain early this morning. Precipitation is forecast to change to rain this morning over eastern areas and this afternoon over western areas.
In addition, higher than normal water levels will combine with rough and pounding surf along northeastern facing shores of Prince Edward Island today, peaking near high tide this afternoon and extending into the early evening.
A word from the SaltWire Network’s chief meteorologist, Cindy Day:
“A slow moving-weather maker currently off Cape Cod is pushing into the bottom of a cold high parked over Quebec City; that’s the perfect set-up for freezing rain and ice pellets. By tomorrow evening, the low-pressure system will be just off the southern tip of Nova Scotia; it’ll find its way to SW Newfoundland by sunrise Wednesday. Snow, freezing rain and wind warnings are in effect. Stay tuned- the line of icy weather could shift as the low nears the coast.”
For weather updates throughout the day, check in with SaltWire Network’s chief meteorologist Cindy Day by visiting Weather by Day.
- Riverside Drive, between Kensington Road and South Gate Lane, will be reduced to one lane travelling out of Charlottetown (towards St. Peters Road). This work is expected to take place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., weather permitting.
- Queen Street, between Connolly Street and Reserve Street (including Desbrisay Crescent), will be closed for the remainder of the evening to repair a leak. Customers in this area may notice a decrease in water pressure or service interruption. The Utility Department apologizes for any inconvenience.
Confederation Bridge – Wind warning advisory
- Wind conditions today may result in restrictions of traffic on the Confederation Bridge.
For updates, visit confederationbridge.com.
Northumberland Ferries Limited – Schedule for Dec. 1-20
- Departures from Wood Islands: 8 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
- Departures from Caribou: 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m., 6:15 p.m.
* Be advised that Environment Canada has issued a gale warning for Dec. 3. NFL is not cancelling any sailings at this time. However, if travelling today, please monitor the website for updates on potential service disruptions or subscribe to the text advisory service by sending an OPT-IN text message to 902-200-0247.
For more information, visit Ferries.ca.
- Air Canada flight 8512 that was scheduled to depart for Montreal at 6 a.m. has been delayed until 11:45 a.m.
For updates, visit flypei.com.