The province is investing more than $6.65 million in new bridge and road improvements to help ensure Islanders and Island products get safely where they need to go.
The province’s second round of construction tenders was announced on March 8 and close March 28.
These projects are in addition to the $8-million first round of tenders announced in January.
In total, the Island government has budgeted $42 million in capital improvements to roads and bridges for the 2018-2019 construction season.
Since 2015, the provincial government has invested more than $120 million in capital road and bridge improvements. They include the construction of nine roundabouts and construction or rehabilitation of 16 bridge structures.
Details can be found at www.princeedwardisland.ca/tenders.
For the second round
The second round of road and bridge tenders for the 2018 construction season includes:
- Abram-Village – storm sewer and sidewalk installation, 0.6 km
- Route 163 East Bideford – resurfacing 1.0 km
- Route 12 Grand River – resurfacing 1.5 km
- Routes 6, 7, and 251 Oyster Bed Bridge – roundabout
- Route 13 Hunter River – road widening, 0.5 km
- Route 124 Wheatley River – resurfacing 1.1 km
- Route 19 New Dominion – resurfacing 1.0 km
- Fraser Street North Montague
- Fraser Street South Montague
- Route 4 Commercial Cross – resurfacing 1.0 km
- Route 17 Lower Montague – resurfacing 1.0 km
- Route 21 Mermaid – resurfacing 1.0 km
- Route 16 Kingsboro – resurfacing 1.1 km
- Lorne Valley bridge replacement
- McCannel Road bridge replacement
- Dock Road bridge replacement
- Hazel Green Road bridge replacement