The emergency department at the Kings County Memorial Hospital will be open at 8 a.m. Monday, Jan. 18.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.