The emergency department at the Kings County Memorial Hospital in Montague will be closed, Friday, Feb. 21 and Sunday, Feb. 23 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. due to a temporary lack of physician coverage.
Regular hours of operation (8 a.m - 8 p.m.) are available, Saturday, Feb. 22.
An additional walk-in clinic for non-urgent patients will be added at the Montague Health Centre on Sunday, Feb. 23 from 1 to 3 p.m.
The emergency department will reopen as scheduled Monday, Feb. 24 (8 a.m-8 p.m.).
Ambulatory care will not be impacted by these closures.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher.
If you have any health concerns or need immediate health information, call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.