Gunfire ended the lives of two men earlier this week, says the investigating coroner.
Dr. Cyril Moyse told The Guardian on Friday that autopsy reports including toxicology could take six months but added he can conclude shootings led to the death of both men.
The RCMP would not comment Friday on how the coroner’s conclusion impacts how police are treating the case, such as whether it is being approached as a possible murder/suicide.
“The investigation is still active, and the RCMP expect an update on Monday or Tuesday,’’ said RCMP Sgt. Leanne Butler.
The RCMP is investigating the deaths in conjunction with the coroner’s office.
RCMP responded to a 911 call at 11:42 p.m. Monday from a residence on Route 1 in Borden-Carleton where officers found 26-year-old Cody Duskocy-Propper dead in the residence.
A woman and two children were in the residence at the time but were unharmed.
An armed man escaped from the residence before the RCMP arrived.
RCMP used a drone to locate the suspect, a 31-year-old man, who was found dead close to his vehicle in the Hampton area.
Police said the two men were known to each other, and the shooting is not believed to have been a random act.
Trudy McKibbon told media that her brother, Duskocy-Propper, was visiting his girlfriend, Amanda Rose, at her home Monday night.
Things were still tense between Rose and her ex-boyfriend, so Duskocy-Propper had invited a friend to hang out with them “for help, in case he needed it,’’ said McKibbon.
The ex-boyfriend showed up shortly after the friend left and had words with Rose outside the house.
Rose got uncomfortable and turned to go back inside, but the man forced his way in.
Before the two men could exchange a word, Duskocy-Propper was allegedly shot. The attacker fled.
“Just jealous rage, jealous boyfriend,’’ said McKibbon.
Rose tried to give CPR to Duskocy-Propper but was unable to save him.