Northumberland Ferries Limited has made it mandatory for everyone to wear face masks/coverings during sailings.
Effective immediately, all passengers and crew will be required to follow this rule at all times during travel when not in a vehicle or outdoors.
These enhanced precautions are consistent with provincial public health recommendations.
Exemptions to wearing a mask include:
- children under the age of two,
- children two- to four-years-old when their caregiver can't get them to wear a mask,
- anyone with a valid medical reason for not wearing a mask (certification or valid medical documentation is required),
- anyone who is reasonably accommodated under the Human Rights Act,
- anyone who is unable to remove the mask without assistance,
- while eating or drinking,
- crew while physically distancing and directing traffic on vehicle decks (must have mask visible and ready),
- crew while physically distancing and working in non-public areas.
For more information about Northumberland Ferries Limited, visit Ferries.ca.