The Collaborative Emergency Centre (CEC) at Western Hospital in Alberton will be closed Thursday night due to the temporary unavailability of nursing coverage.
The emergency department will open as scheduled Friday at 8 a.m.
Those with health concerns or who need immediate health information can call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.
Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital in Summerside when:
- Experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest
- Experiencing unusual shortness of breath
- Experiencing abdominal pain
- Experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness
- An injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone
- A child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting
- A baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4°F) or higher