Royalty Road between Upton Road and Alderwood Drive will be reduced to one lane traffic starting at 6:30 a.m. Traffic will be stop-and-go, while sidewalks within the construction area are also closed. Pedestrians are asked to seek alternate routes. This closure is necessary for the water and sewer utility to install services. This lane closure will remain in effect for the week of July 13-17.
Sidewalk and curbing work is scheduled to take place through the week in the following areas:
- Pownal Street between Kent and Dorchester streets,
- Oak Drive between Brackley Point Road and Maple Avenue and
- Enman Cresent between Raiders Road and University Avenue.
Pavement milling/paving is scheduled to take place in the following areas:
- St. Peter’s Road between St. Pius X Avenue and Fair Isle Ford,
- Juniper Drive between Maple and Cedar avenues,
- Rose Moore Court off Goodwill Avenue will be closed,
- John Street off Gerald Street will be closed.
Drivers are advised to seek alternate routes. Sidewalks in the area will remain open and traffic control personnel will be on site.
Street line painting will take place between approximately 5 a.m. and 8 a.m. at the intersection of Euston and Hillsborough streets. Single lane closures and minor delays should be expected, but traffic flow should be maintained.
Kent Street between Great George and Prince streets will be reduced to one lane. Sidewalks within the construction area are also impacted and pedestrians are asked to seek alternate routes. This closure is for construction related to the Fitzroy Parkade expansion. At this time, the parkade is closed until further notice. This lane closure will remain in effect until the completion of the project, which is anticipated to be mid-August.