Top News

Canadian Red Cross aids family after P.E.I. house fire

.
. - 123RF Stock Photo

A family of three was temporarily displaced from their home after a fire on Feb. 19.

The fire caused repairable damage, but a couple and their 11-year-old son had to vacate their house on St. Mary’s Road West (Route 318), about 15 kilometres south of Montague for a couple of days while damage was cleaned up and repaired.

Insurance covered a motel bill for the days they were displaced.

The family met with Red Cross volunteers on Feb. 21, who assisted with purchases of food and provided blankets and some other basics.

The fire started in the chimney flue.

Recent Stories