The emergency department at Western Hospital in Alberton will be closed Monday, Dec. 9, at 8 a.m. due to a temporary lack of physician coverage.
The Collaborative Emergency Centre will also be closed on Monday from 8 p.m. until Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 a.m.
The emergency department will reopen at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, and the Collaborative Emergency Centre will reopen Tuesday at 8 p.m.
The emergency department will also be closed Friday, Dec. 13, as of 8 a.m. and reopen 8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14. The Collaborative Emergency Centre will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13, to 8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14, reopening at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
Anyone with emergency medical needs should call 911 or seek emergency services at the Prince County Hospital in Summerside when:
- Experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest
- Experiencing unusual shortness of breath
- Experiencing abdominal pain
- Experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness
- An injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone
- A child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting
- A baby under six months of age has a fever of 38 C (100.4 F) or higher
Anyone with health concerns or who needs immediate health information can call 811 to speak to an experienced registered nurse for advice on the best course of action.