Holiday magic will spread throughout all seven neighbourhoods across Charlottetown from Nov. 30 to Dec. 4, with The Charlottetown Christmas Parade presents: SantaClaus Comes to Town.
This roving convoy will feature a Charlottetown police vehicle, Charlottetown fire truck, Charlie Town and Santa. Spectators are encouraged to welcome Santa to the city from their residence (where possible).
Neighbourhood tours will begin at 5:30 p.m. nightly and each tour will take about 90 mins to two hours to complete.
The Santa tour schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Nov. 30 - Sherwood-Parkdale (east of St. Peters Road) and 500 Lots (south of Euston Street);
- Tuesday, Dec. 1 - Sherwood-Parkdale (between Mount Edward and Brackley Point roads) and city centre (north of Euston Street, east of Spring Park Road, and south of Kirkwood Drive-Allen Street);
- Wednesday, Dec. 2 - city centre (north of Brighton Road-Euston Street, west of University Avenue, south of Capital Drive);
- Thursday, Dec. 3 - East Royalty, Hillsborough Park and Sherwood-Parkdale (between Brackley Point and St. Peters roads);
- Friday, Dec. 4 – Winsloe and West Royalty.
In lieu of Canada Post collecting letters to Santa along the route, children are invited to visit the North Pole Post Office located in Center Court at the Confederation Court Mall between Nov. 23 through Dec. 6 (during mall hours) to drop off their letter to Santa.
Non-perishable food donations, in support of the Upper Room Hospitality Ministry Food Bank, will also be collected at the Confederation Court Mall between Nov. 23 and Dec. 13; collection bins are located on the main level across from Grand Senses Spa.
During the neighbourhood tours, drivers are reminded they may encounter minor delays if travelling behind the convoy and are asked to use caution. Charlottetown Police Services ask for the public’s cooperation in not parking on the street in their neighbourhood on the evening the Santa Tour is scheduled to pass by.
Detailed route maps are available at Charlottetown.ca/santatours. For more information, call 902-566-5548.