CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. - The Tourism Industry Association of P.E.I. (TIAPEI) recently hosted its annual excellence awards gala in Charlottetown.
The event acknowledged individuals and Island businesses in the tourism industry for their contribution and dedication in the highest degree of professionalism and/or support in the tourism sector on P.E.I.
Honoured for their contributions were:
- Carl Nicholson of New Glasgow Lobster Suppers with the Lieutenant Governor’s Tourism Award.
- Faye Brown of Anne’s Windy Poplars Cottage Resort with the Tourism Ambassador Award.
- Mitch Cobb of Upstreet Craft Brewing with the Emerging Entrepreneur Award.
- Derrick Hoare of the Table Culinary Studio with Canada’s Food Island Leadership Award.
- Peter Llewellyn of Shoreline Design with the Operator of the Year Award.
- Chef Ilona Daniel of Holland College’s Tourism and Culinary with the Tourism Trailblazer Award.
- Tim Arnold of Rodd Brudenell Resort with the Dr. Kent Ellis Quality of Excellence Award.
- Pat and Meghann Deighan of Trailside Café with the Premier’s Award for Tourism.
- Perry Gotell of Tranquility Cove Adventures with the Parks Canada Sustainable Tourism Award.
- Les Parsons, former CEO of Port Charlottetown, with the President’s Award.