* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 1.33 percent to 16,037.58
* Leading the index were Cargojet Inc , up 12.9 percent, Yamana Gold Inc , up 10 percent, and Pretium Resources Inc , higher by 9.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Birchcliff Energy Ltd , down 9.4 percent, Nuvista Energy Ltd, down 9.1 percent, and Bombardier Inc, lower by 8.1 percent.
* On the TSX 33 issues rose and 205 fell as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 15 new highs and 18 new lows, with total volume of 225.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Bombardier Inc and B2gold Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 3.91 points, or 3.1 percent, while the financials sector slipped 4.42 points, or 1.5 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 2.57 percent, or $1.42, to $53.93 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.25 percent, or $0.75, to $59.17.
* The TSX is up 12 percent for the year.