HALIFAX, N.S. – Brudenell’s Jonathan Hicken finished third Saturday at the Nova Truck Centres Make-A-Wish 150 at Scotia Speedworld near Halifax.
Dylan Blenkhorn of Truro, N.S., picked up his second win of the season and his 14th Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Tour series victory. Reigning tour champion Shawn Turple (Enfield, N.S.) finished second while fellow Nova Scotians Cole Butcher and Craig Slaunwhite rounded out the top five in a race that took just over an hour and was slowed by only two cautions.
Jarrett Butcher picked up the pole position after winning the first of three 10 lap Atlantic Tiltload qualifying heats, which set the 21-car field. Slaunwhite and Hicken also won their respective heat races.
The tour heads to Prince Edward Island for the first of two events this season Saturday at Oyster Bed Speedway. Adult admission for the Parts for Trucks 150 is $25 for grandstands, pits $35, youth admission (eight-15 years) $15.
Results from Saturday’s Nova Truck Centres Make-A-Wish 150 at Scotia Speedworld near Halifax. It was the fourth race of the Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Tour.
Driver Laps Hometown
1. Dylan Blenkhorn 150 Truro, N.S.
2. Shawn Turple 150 Enfield, N.S.
3. Jonathan Hicken 150 Brudenell.
4. Cole Butcher 150 Porter's Lake, N.S.
5. Craig Slaunwhite 150 Terence Bay, N.S.
6. John Flemming 150 Halifax, N.S.
7. Dylan Gosbee 150 Cornwall.
8. Darren MacKinnon 150 Charlottetown.
9. Marty Prevost 150 Fall River, N.S.
10. Jarrett Butcher 149 Porter's Lake, N.S.
11. Nicholas Naugle 149 Dartmouth, N.S.
12. Kent Vincent 148 Crapaud.
13. Shawn Pierce 148 Blockhouse, N.S.
14. Waylon Farrell 148 Conception Bay South, N.L.
15. Stephen Lively 148 Shubenacadie, N.S.
16. Terry Dougay 148 Albany.
17. Sarah McKay 148 Quispamsis, N.B.
18. Allison McKinnon 144 Oyster Bed Bridge.
19. D.J. Casey 118 Prospect, N.S.
20. Braden Langille 92 Shubenacadie, N.S.
21. Greg Proude DNS Springvale.
Margin of victory – 0.857.
Number of cautions – 2.
Lead changes – 4.
Atlantic Tiltload heat winners – Jarrett Butcher, Craig Slaunwhite and Jonathan Hicken.
Most laps led – Dylan Blenkhorn.
King Freight future winner award – Jarrett Butcher.
Exide Batteries rookie of the race – Waylon Farrell.
Next event – Parts for Trucks 150 at Oyster Bed Speedway on Saturday at 6 p.m.