This chart from the Department of Education shows the new structure of the province's education system after the P.E.I. announced plans to shut down the English Language School Board.
The P.E.I. government continues its changes to the province's education system with the announcement of the new members of the Learning Partners Advisory Council.
More than 100 people applied to be founding members of the advisory council, which consists of 20 members who will provide policy directions for the education system.
Premier Wade MacLauchlan and UPEI professor Bill Whelan are the council's co-chairs.
The council includes 10 people involved in education, such representatives from UPEI, Holland College and the P.E.I. Teachers' Federation.
The members of the council are:
- Premier Wade MacLauchlan and Bill Whelan are co-chairs
- Angela Arsenault - Teacher at Eliot River Elementary School
- Anne Bernard-Bourgeois - Superintendent of the French Language School Board
- Jeff Brant - Business leader in design and delivery of adult learning and capacity building to aboriginal adults and youth
- Amanda Brazil - Director of programs and policy with the Canadian Mental Health Association
- Jackie Charchuk - Retired educator
- Donald DesRoches - President of Collège Acadie Î.-P.-É
- Kathleen Flanagan - Internationally-recognized authority on early childhood education
- Amber Jadis - Engineer and entrepreneur
- Lori Johnston - Executive director of Workplace Learning P.E.I.
- Shawn Loo - Researcher completing PhD in water resources, organic farmer, and 21 Inc. young leader
- Michelle MacCallum - Director of youth and parent programs for Women's Network P.E.I.
- Rocio MacCallum - School settlement worker with the Association of Newcomers to P.E.I.
- Ron MacDonald - Dean of education at UPEI
- Anna MacKenzie - Principal of Georgetown Elementary School
- Bethany MacLeod - P.E.I. Teachers' Federation president
- Moira McGuire - Former teacher in Lennox Island and West Prince
- Tracey Michael - Dietitian with the Healthy Eating Alliance
- Natalie Mitton - Director of programs at Holland College
- Peter Rukavina - President of the P.E.I. Home and School Federation
- Bonnie Stewart - Coordinator of adult teaching in UPEI and Holland College's joint program