More than 30 people charged with drug offences this past January in the wake of Operation Clean Sweep appeared in Charlottetown provincial court Friday.
Very few of those appearing before provincial court judge Nancy Orr, however, elected their mode of trial nor entered a plea.
Lawyers for a number of the accused said they were not prepared to do either at this time.
Some of the lawyers said they are waiting for more information from the Crown. Others were still reviewing the court documents with clients and waiting for direction from those clients.
Orr adjourned some cases to later this month but the majority of the cases were adjourned to June 6 at 9 a.m.
Operation Clean Sweep was the largest single takedown operation in the city’s history.
Some 40 people were charged with offences ranging from drug possession to possession for trafficking, trafficking and weapons charges. The people arrested ranged from low-level street dealers to large suppliers.
Police agencies seized drugs ranging from marijuana and cocaine to opiates with an estimated street value of between $400,000 and $500,000.
They also seized cash, drug paraphernalia and weapons.
Police said at the time that a significant amount of drugs had been taken off the streets of Charlottetown as a result of the operation.