The City of Charlottetown has issued a traffic advisory for Wednesday with impacts expected for the following areas:
- Traffic calming measures will be in place in the areas around both Riverside Drive roundabouts beginning at 9 a.m. It’s anticipated this work will continue into Thursday. Although closures are not anticipated, crews will be working within the roundabouts so drivers are asked to proceed through the roundabouts slowly.
- Construction for the Water and Sewer Utility Infrastructure Renewal program will continue for the next few months with traffic impacts along Belvedere Avenue this week. It’s anticipated traffic will experience some delays as a result of this work. For Wednesday, work will take place at the intersection of Belvedere Avenue and Brackley Point Road. The right-turning lane from Brackley Point Road onto Belvedere Avenue will be closed. Traffic control personnel will be on-site to direct motorists. Sidewalks in the area may be impacted during this work. Drivers are advised to seek alternate routes.
- Drivers on Douglas Street, between Spring Park Road and Queen Street, may experience temporary delays in traffic movement due to sidewalk construction.
- There may temporary delays on Parkview Drive, between Christie Drive and Macintyre Drive, for sidewalk construction.
- Sidewalk work will also take place on Walthen Drive, between Gerald Street and Euston Street, causing minor delays for motorists in the area.