Summerside Inn Bed and Breakfast wins international award
SUMMERSIDE, PE.I. - An Australian-based meta-search company has recognized the Summerside Inn Bed and Breakfast with a recognition of excellence award.
Spring is a good time to take stock of your money
CHARLOTTETOWN, P.E.I. - It may not seem like it, but spring is just around the corner – a time of new beginnings and new growth. And a good time for those annual checkups we should all look to: a checkup on our vehicles – those pesky but necessary preventive maintenance items; a checkup on ourselves – the yearly physical that is a spring calendar item for many of us; a checkup on our heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems – you wouldn’t want that A/C unit to break down on the hottest summer day; a checkup on our gardens – what survived the winter and what didn’t and a list of plantings for the warm months to come.
And a very important check-up on the monetary engine that keeps you going every day, that makes it possible for you to achieve your life goals – your finances.
If you haven’t done it before, start this spring to take stock of your financial life using a 10-point inspection and personal ratings list. It will definitely pay off in the long run.
Ask yourself if you agree, disagree or unsure about the following statements:
1. I am satisfied with my current financial situation.
2. My spouse and I have sufficient life, disability and long-term care insurance for our situation as it is today and as it may be in the future.
3. My mortgage is affordable but is it possible to reduce my monthly payments?
4. I periodically analyze my household spending and identify ways to save.
5. I would have trouble finding the money to pay for a financial emergency.
6. I would have to change my lifestyle if my spouse lost their job and/or pension income.
7. I worry about the loss of principal due to stock market declines or crashes.
8. I’m concerned that I will not have sufficient retirement savings.
9. I pay too much income tax.
10. I am concerned about my estate and providing for my spouse and other beneficiaries after I’m gone.
Your financial future will not take care of itself – you must take control of it and that is an on-going process that you began here and now with the completion of this 10-point inspection/personal ratings list. Your next step should be to talk to your professional advisor about creating or updating a comprehensive financial plan that will make it possible to achieve all of your life goals and a comfortable retirement.
This column, written and published by Investors Group Financial Services Inc. and Investors Group Securities Inc. presents general information only and is not a solicitation to buy or sell any investments. Contact your own adviser for specific advice about your circumstances.