Jonathan Hicken of Brudenell notched his third win on the Parts for Trucks Pro Stock Tour this season after nabbing the checkered flag at the Atlantic Dodge Dealers 150 on Saturday in River Glade, N.B.
Hicken took the lead on Lap 86 and held off hard-charging sophomore Cole Butcher (Porter’s Lake, NS.) for the victory.
Springvale’s Greg Proude rallied to a third-place finish from his 13th-place starting position and earned the Exide Batteries Hard Charger Award.
Tour points leader John Flemming (Halifax, N.S.) and Shawn Tucker (Fredericton, N.B.) finished fourth and fight, respectively.
Hicken was fast from the start of the day as shown by his time trial mark of 13.649 seconds, and led the most laps in the feature to pocket the Linde Most Laps Led Award and a pivotal five points in the championship chase.
He’s third with 1,934 points, behind Tucker (1,946) and Flemming (1,974). Two races remain on the schedule.
Cornwall’s Joel Hickox, in his first Tour race, won the Bonus Dash.
The Tour returns Saturday, Sept. 6, with the Lucas Oil 150 at Riverside International Speedway in Antigonish, N.S.
Results from the Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Tour’s Atlantic Doge Dealers 150 race Saturday at River Glade Speedway in River Glade, N.B.
1. Jonathan Hicken, Brudenell, PE
2. Cole Butcher, Porter's Lake, NS
3. Greg Proude, Springvale, PE
4. John Flemming, Halifax, NS
5. Shawn Tucker, Fredericton, NB
6. Shawn Turple, Enfield, NS
7. Craig Slaunwhite, Terence Bay, NS
9. Kent Vincent, Crapaud, PE
10. Ken MacKenzie, Salisbury, NB
11. Jason Carnahan, Moncton, NB
12. Darren MacKinnon, Milton Station, PE
13. Leonard Boutilier, Dutch Settlement, NS
14. Sarah McKay, Quispamsis, NB
15. Terry Dougay, Albany, PE
16. Dylan Blenkhorn, Truro, NS
18. George Koszkulics, New Glasgow, NS
19. Tim Rodgers, Upper Coverdale, NB
20. Steve Ros, Waverley, NS
21. Robbie Fraser, Riverview, NB
22. Joel Hickox, Cornwall, PE
On the web at www.maritimeprostocktour.com.