Brudenell’s Jonathan Hicken won the Parts for Trucks 100 Saturday at Oyster Bed Speedway.
Hicken took advantage of a late race restart with eight laps to go to edge out Halifax’s John Flemming. Hicken led 31 laps en route to his second win of 2014.
Flemming, who led 53 of the 100 laps, took the Linde most laps led award. Shawn Tucker, of Fredericton, N.B., finished third.
The three swapped the top spot six times throughout the event.Fourth place belonged to Cole Butcher (Porter’s Lake, N.S.), who snuck by a hard-charging George Koszkulics (New Glasgow, N.S.), who started last and finished fifth for the Exide Batteries hard charger award.
Dylan Blenkhorn, of Truro, N.S., won his fifth Atlantic Tiltload time trial award in seven races by pacing the field with a 13.451 second lap. Flemming captured the King Freight dash for cash, while Craig Slaunwhite (Terence Bay, N.S.) and Sherwood’s Robbie MacEwen took home Dartmouth Dodge heat races.
Seven yellow flags slowed the 100-lap event, which included two late race restarts with less than 10 laps to go.
The tour’s next stop is at Scotia Speedworld Saturday for the Atlantic CAT 250.
A look at the final standings from Saturday's Parts For Trucks Pro Stock Race at Oyster Bed Speedway
1. Jonathan Hicken, Brudenell.
2. John Flemming, Halifax.
3. Shawn Tucker, Fredericton, N.B.
4. Cole Butcher, Porter's Lake, N.S.
5. George Koszkulics, New Glasgow, N.S.
6. Darren MacKinnon, Milton Station.
7. Shawn Turple, Enfield, N.S.
8. Dylan Gosbee, Cornwall.
9. Kent Vincent, Crapaud.
10. Joel Hickox, Cornwall.
11. Sarah McKay, Quispamsis, N.B.
12. Terry Dougay, Albany.
13. Craig Slaunwhite, 99 laps, Terence Bay, N.S.
14. Shawn Pierce, 97 laps, Blockhouse, N.S.
15. Dylan Blenkhorn, 91 laps, Truro, N.S.
16. Robbie MacLean, 91 laps, Winsloe.
17. Robbie MacEwen, 74 laps, Charlottetown.
18. Greg Proude, 62 laps, Springvale.
19. Chris Hughes, 57 laps, Brackley Beach.