Mary MacKay, a veteran of The Guardian's lifestyles department, is sharing her Viking Voyage with TC Media readers as she follows the path of early Norse explorers hunting for Vinland.
MacKay is joining Prince Edward Island mariner Geoff Ralling on his sailing quest to retrace the seaward steps the Vikings took 1,000 years ago when they sailed from Greenland and discovered the New World.
- See our report
- Viking Voyage hampered by strong winds on sailing journey home
- VIKING VOYAGE: Looking around the next corner
- VIKING VOYAGE: Dodging seagulls, stiff wind, Ralling leaves Viking camp for P.E.I.
- VIKING VOYAGE: Clayton Colbourne is on his home turf
- The importance of being Vinland
- Readers invited along for Viking voyage
- Viking cruise leaves Souris after waiting out Arthur
- Guardian taking readers on Viking adventure
- A voyage to Vinland from P.E.I.
- Ben Eriksen
- - December 31, 1969
- - 19 h 00
First of all the flag is all wrong second it was the Danes not the Norwegians,plus they set sail from Iceland not Greenland.Why?because they ran out of "Wine" and my great great way back uncle Leif Eriksen was sent over to get the booze and also get some entertainer like Ray Charles he was busy so they brought back Steve Wonder and that's a fact.lol