P.E.I. RCMP warn against defacing street signs

Jocelyne Lloyd

P.E.I. RCMP tweeted this photo of a shopping cart hanging from a street sign in Stratford, Tuesday, July 22.

Prince Edward Island RCMP used their Twitter account this morning to remind the public that altering street signs is against the law.

RCMP Const. Jamie Parsons tweeted a photo of a shopping cart flung onto a stop sign in Stratford with the reminder, "Altering/Defacing road signs is NO Joke, in some cases could be dangerous for motorists and pedestrians."

Indeed, the Prince Edward Island Highway Traffic Act states, "no person shall alter, injure, deface, obliterate, remove or in any manner interfere with any traffic sign or any notice or obstruction lawfully placed on any highway under this act."

Organizations: RCMP Const.

Geographic location: Stratford

Comments

Comments

• Phil Collins
    July 23, 2014 - 07:21

Best I saw was someone had stencilled don`t above stop and believin below. Long live Journey!

• The Observer from Stratford
    July 22, 2014 - 15:40

This story isn't about people running through Stop signs. I think some people in Stratford are simply "commenting" on the dreadful design and colours of the new street signs. They look so cheap and amateurish.

• concerned
    July 22, 2014 - 13:48

I wish they would ticket the people who are blowing through red lights. I have lost track of how many close calls I have had, and one was with a transport truck who went through a full red light (Mine was fully green but I saw him not stopping and waited)... someone is going to be killed.

• STop Signs in the city
    July 22, 2014 - 12:53

I wish the city police would enforce the STOP sign laws in the city of Charlottetown....it's epademic....breeze right thru them...not one worry about being stopped..even CITY POLICE CARS do it......

• STop Signs in the city
    July 22, 2014 - 12:13

I wish the city police would enforce the STOP sign laws in the city of Charlottetown....it's epademic....breeze right thru them...not one worry about being stopped..enven CITY POLICE CARS do it......

• Ryan J