© THE CANADIAN PRESS/Sean Kilpatrick
The caskets of Const. Dave Joseph Ross, 32, from Victoriaville, Que., left to right, Const. Douglas James Larche, 40, from Saint John, N.B. and Const. Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, 45, from Boulogne-Billancourt, France, sit in Wesleyan Celebration Centre during the public visitation in Moncton, N.B. on Monday. A regimental funeral will take place Tuesday for the three RCMP officers who were slain in Moncton last week.
There will be full police coverage on P.E.I. Tuesday despite the regimental funeral for the three slain officers in Moncton.
"Our number one priority is public safety," said Sgt. Leanne Butler, media relations officer with the RCMP on P.E.I.
Officers from P.E.I. who will be attending are for the most part off-duty on Tuesday, said Butler.
The funeral service for constables Fabrice Georges Gevaudan, Douglas James Larche and Dave Joseph Ross will be held Tuesday at at 1 p.m. in the Moncton Coliseum. It will be televised.
Gevaudan, Larche and Ross were gunned down Wednesday evening after responding to a report of a man with firearms in a residential neighbourhood in the northwest area of Moncton.
Two other officers – Constables Eric Dubois and Darlene Goguen – were wounded and have been released from hospital.