Benefit concert to aid families of teen fire victims

Steve Sharratt

teen fire victims

MONTAGUE - A benefit concert for the families of the three boys lost in a tragic fire last month will be held at the regional high school here on Sunday, Apr. 27.

The event begins at 2 p.m. with a donation offering and everyone is welcome, says organizer Krista Condon who confirmed Ocean 100’s Kirk MacKinnon will host the show.

Teenage students Joey Reeves, Brandon MacKinnon, and Kenneth Irving lost their lives in an abandoned building in Charlottetown on March 29. A fourth friend, Brandon Quinn, of Cardigan was able to escape and is recovering from severe burns and injuries in Halifax.

The abandoned building has since been torn down and officials are still trying to determine what happened.

Condon said the entertainment will include among others, Ashley Condon, Lester Macpherson, Russell Leblanc, Jamie O'Brien, and the Montague high school choir.

The event will also include a silent auction, tickets on a basket of goodies, 50/50 tickets and a possible bake sale.

Geographic location: Charlottetown

Comments

Comments

• Michelle
    April 26, 2014 - 18:21

To "agreed confused"...my nephew died in that fire you ignorant, disgusting individual! I can only hope that you haven't had the privelage to have a child! Someone with your cruel demeaner should live a lonely life by youself!

• Johnny Barbers
    April 24, 2014 - 09:38

I was just telling a friend the other day that I haven't heard anything about a benefit for these families . I would like to see more benefits for them .. Maybe a dance an auction at the East link Center .. I know there's someone on the island that could arrange it but I wouldn't know where to start to organize it .

• duggen
    April 23, 2014 - 20:17

To confused person on here the benifit is to help all the families its not just 1 family that needs help u have to realize this was a tragic accident. And there are 3 families who have to pay for big funeral cost unexpected which is not cheap so tthe purpose of it is to help with some of there cost and for the 1 family for travelling

• kim
    April 23, 2014 - 16:04

From what I gather Confused is they are trying to help all the families of the teens. What a wonderful thing to do for these families.

• Confused
    April 23, 2014 - 15:43

Shouldnt the benefit be for the young man in hospital to help his family with travel costs?

• duggen
      April 23, 2014 - 20:23

Its to help all the familys remember there are 3 families who have to pay high funeral cost and to help with travelling cost of other family it wouldn't be fair to raise so much money for 1 family when there is 4 involved

• Agreed Confused
      April 24, 2014 - 14:05

I was shopping the other day when I was asked to make a donation to this cause. Sorry, but lately there are just too many places for my donation dollars and a group of kids who did a break and enter, plus trespassing isn't on my priority list. As for the suggestion in another article about raising money for a youth center in Montague, as a former resident, these kids were not looking for a drop in center.

• justsaying
      April 24, 2014 - 16:06

To Agreed Confused....You are a very rude person, you should think before you type...I didn't no these kids but they didn't ask for this they were just being kids

• Katie MacDonald
      April 26, 2014 - 07:47

To "Agreed Cnfused". Please put your real name if you are going to spout your vile comments on a benefit page. They were kids and i hope you sleep well every night in your glass house. Show some compassion or keep your cowardly comments to yourself.