No one injured in Charlottetown fire

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Charlottetown fire department

The Charlottetown Fire Department is reminding individuals to make sure they have a working fire alarm after responding to a blaze on Newland Crescent Friday night.

Fire inspector Winston Bryan said the minor blaze was caused by unattended smoking material and was contained to the house’s kitchen.

“It was just minor smoke damage,” said Bryan.

While no one was injured, an occupant of the building was checked out by Island EMS at the scene.

Brian said the home did not have a working fire alarm.

“We’d like to ensure all residential occupancies have working smoke alarms,” he said. “It’s very important in our profession. It’s a life safety feature for any home.”

Organizations: Charlottetown Fire Department

Geographic location: Charlottetown

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments