Charlottetown police round up 40 people in early morning drug raids

Charlottetown police arrested more than 40 people during a massive drug raid they carried out Thursday morning.

At least one of the people they nabbed was at the P.E.I. Provincial Court, awaiting a hearing on another matter.

The raids were the result of a four-month-long drug investigation in the capital city, called Operation Clean Sweep.

Police searched about a dozen homes and properties over the course of the day Thursday in connection with the operation. Charlottetown police were aided by Kensington and Summerside police, as well as RCMP.

A news conference has been scheduled for 1 p.m. today, where Chief Gary McGuigan says more information will be available. Police plan to formally charge some of those rounded up Thursday in court this morning.

This is one of the largest drug raids in Prince Edward Island history. Recent investigations in P.E.I. have rarely seen more than five people arrested at any one time.

Geographic location: Charlottetown

Comments

Comments

• Truth
    February 04, 2014 - 00:22

This is both good and bad. Get rid of the meth, coke, and other hard stuff all you want. Marijuana is NOT even in the same league as those other drugs. Maybe if this island would get their stuff together and be a decent place to live, young people, like myself, would not have to resort to drug use, whether its marijuana or other drugs. Just legalize it. Prohibition clearly does not work. Its a plant. Legalize it, grow it without chemicals and extra garbage in it, sell it in dispensaries, and youre golden. Ask any high school student what is harder to get. Alcohol, or marijuana. Their answer will be marijuana. Drug dealers dont need to see ID, just money. Restrict it, tax it, there goes alot of the younger users, which would prevent them from potentially getting sent to jail over something not harmful. And to the people saying you don't know any hard drug user that didnt start with weed... I dont know anyone in a biker gang that didnt start off riding a bicycle. Same situation. By having to go to a dealer who sells hard drugs, youre exposed to the lifestyle. Sell it legally in stores, no connection to hard drugs. Anyways, Its awesome they are getting hard drugs off the street, but seriously. Marijuana busts... come on.

• islander forever
    February 01, 2014 - 20:38

PEI is a beautiful place. It is sad to be in paradise and caught in hell. Addiction is prevalent everywhere in our society. Those who end up facing and fighting a serious addiction understand the gripping nature of the hold. If spiritual injury is not recognized and addressed it is difficult to heal. My heart goes out to all affected.

• druggie
    February 01, 2014 - 09:55

ah now all the druggies u didn,t nab will have to drive all the way to alberton now to get some

• Seriously?
    February 01, 2014 - 09:29

Are you guys serious? I have smoked my fair share of weed. And i am glad that they are doing this, I mean, why not? Those of you saying its only pot.. pot its illegal, the same as contraband cigarettes, illegal. So yes, they are going to arrest you for selling it, and foremost these pot dealers (hopefully) ae going to have some other form of drug aswell! So i dont know why you are complaining about it, the island will only benefit from it. lol So I hope they get this 40, and here's to 100 more!

• None of your business
    February 01, 2014 - 08:22

I have one thing to say here.. https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1723004_711524608868105_1919181613_n.jpg

• YouSoundFoolish
    January 31, 2014 - 14:57

First off, I'm from PEI. Lived there up until I was 18, that was 5 and a half years ago. I'm a completely different person now. Sometimes I think back and I get confused as to who I was back then. In and out of a jail every couple months, smoking the good stuff(not weed), and simply not caring about anything or anyone. Five and a half years later.... Do I like police now? No. Do I think the justice system is all fine and dandy? No. Buuuuuut. Everyone of you in PEI are blind to the truth. Even the ones who think they speak it. There was plenty of help for youth and even young adults out there. It's a particular state of mind that you're all in. Mothers who don't know a damn thing, teenagers who have been exposed to drugs since lord knows when, 19-25 year olds who were late bloomers and are just going to jail and messing there lives up now.(some people know who they are) For those of us (I say us because I've been winning the fight with my addiction along with other people) who say we've changed, think we've grown up, but still think it's a bad thing when people with possible ties to the crack game or whatever they're slangin get arrested. You haven't changed and you're still one of them. Argueing with someone over whether or not weed is a gateway drug..... I don't think it is. I also don't care. It's currently illegal here. You sell it then get arrested, that's how it works. Looooong story short that wasn't very short. Drug bust, and 40 arrests. If you're upset in anyway about that, I feel sorry for you, you're family, and you're friends that were most likely involved.

• one who knows
    January 31, 2014 - 12:48

I will keep this short.......I work within the government system and addictions on p.e.I from my view point is going in the wrong direction.....a few steps back when at 5% of those who came in the system Found recovery..... Now with new think tank on Garfield street making all the decisions regarding those addicted doing surveys and comparing p.e.I. with other parts of Canada and are missing the big which is in their back yard.........we deal with those in every aspect of addiction and recovery and those who come out THE system with in my opinion know true direction from some who has been there but someone with degree s on the and the one degree that is one if common sense........ We need to go back........those of us in recovery for sometime are seen as a liability but are a resource that needs t o involved and respected in the process of recovery.Over a million dollars will be spent in Mt Herbert to help alleviate the on going issues but remember they have taken away meetings by 12step fellowships,visiting hours,community aftercare,and now in house rehab.......so what have they given us......its all about money and numbers not the one suffering right in front of them........god help us all it will get much worse before it gets better

• should..be..operation..junkie..removal
    January 31, 2014 - 11:12

Yes pot is illegal but just by smoking pot doesn't mean you will do hard drugs. I guess you are either destined to be a junkie or not! haha I used to smoke pot when i was young, i dont and never did do hard drugs! So to blame the stupidity of junkies on pot is ridiculous! people have the choice to stick needles in their arm, snort pills, and whatnot for the first time or not. they are not made to do this! So i say yes I am glad they start catching these junkies but go after the pill pushers and needle bangers!! just my thought! You would be surprised how many people young and OLD smoke pot on this island, i know many but they aren't snorting pills or banging needles!!

• Girlie
    January 31, 2014 - 10:21

Pot is ILLEGAL- whatever your opion or personal preference is- it doesnt matter. Its illegal for a reason! 2 words "GATEWAY DRUG'. Do you know anyone who used hard drugs without trying pot first???... didnt think so... Great job getting these dealers off our streets! risks and opportunities will still exist- but this is a step in the right direction! All you people who want to leagalize pot obviously dont have kids- have never watch anyone suffer from addiction or are just not thinking straight yourselves. Keep up the good work Police!

• Mr. Real Talk
      January 31, 2014 - 11:17

Classic comments from smug soccer moms. Alcohol is the "gateway drug." And if someone is able to escalate drugs so quickly from things like alcohol and weed --> to pills and heroin, guess what, your kid has waaaay bigger issues than weed. Probably issues with you. Every properly functioning person I know who smokes weed has absolutely no issues with it or other drug addictions.

• Nobody
      January 31, 2014 - 11:44

Its only a gateway drug BECAUSE its illegal.. if it wasnt illegal you wouldnt need to be around drug dealers to get it, so the temptation to try other drugs wouldnt be there

• Concerned Dad
      January 31, 2014 - 13:43

The reason pot is a gateway drug is because it is illegal. It is a gateway because it gives you access to people who sell other drugs. If pot was legal, then people would not have to go to dealers who try to push heavier drugs on them. Imagine if bootleggers were the only place you could buy alcohol, it would then be a gateway drug because it gives criminals access to you to push heavier substances on you. And btw I do not smoke pot, so I'm not a "pothead" pushing for the legalization of it, it's just my opinion of why pot is called the "Gateway Drug".

• Concerned Dad
      January 31, 2014 - 13:47

• Corrupted System
    January 31, 2014 - 10:05

Looking at all these comments some people on this island are completely clueless, all of you concerned "parents" out there would be shocked at how many of your children do drugs or sell drugs. (half the people i know hide this from their parents) It is not only our youth that are doing drugs, the MAJORITY of drugs on this island come from people of age 30 or older they just get the "kids" to do the dirty work and get caught. These people are business people, high end people, and you would never suspect a thing. This island is a downfall because there is nothing here, no jobs, no rehabs, no HELP!!! Anyone getting prescription pills knows how to work the system to get these pills, and most doctors just give it to them. (Witnessed it myself) Doctors need to be better trained, more tests need to be in place. Yes congratulations to the cops who caught those 40 people, but in reality there needs to be more than just "busting" people. Once they get back out on the streets they will do the same thing because there is no one to help quide them, no programs in place, no counselling... it disgusts me. If you want this island to change we need to do something, having been through addictions myself and seeing no one help me and having to do it on my own was harder and some people can't handle that so they continue spiralling out of control. So they just busted 40 people, now what about the other half of pei? The system is so corrupted... its sickening

• grace cleal
    January 31, 2014 - 07:56

good to see these people taken in for justice.now set an example of them all and not just a slap on the wrist and sent back to the streets to get more kids addicted.Go charlottetown city police and rcmp.

• Concerned citizen
    January 31, 2014 - 05:45

There are far too many ppl saying leave the pot dealers alone. Yes marijuana is a herb HOWEVER there is a HUGE number of dealers that lace their weed with motor oil, cocaine , meth etc to give an extra buzz. They want to keep people coming back for the good high. If you are telling yourself it is 100% safe then you are very uneducated in the matter and justifying your addiction. If marihuana was legal the government could ensure that it was just herbs, however that is not the case so be safe.

• another citizen
      January 31, 2014 - 19:18

I would seriously doubt that a small time pot dealer is going to lace his marijuana with something as expensive as cocaine bud.

• These People Are Ridiculous
    January 31, 2014 - 00:24

I'm amazed how every comment is from your typical boring house wife who probably hasn't even had a glass of wine in 30 years. People seem to have missed the fact that marijuana was just legalized in several states in the US, it's only a matter of time before it's here. Everyone needs to relax, and if you're going to be arresting people for trafficking, focus on the people selling things like methamphetamines, cocaine, opiates, and other chemicals that seriously damage your body. Open your eyes, people. Get with the times.

• Oh CANAbis
    January 30, 2014 - 23:15

First and foremost I'm thankful that no one was hurt during the arrests. Secondly, pot is not a drug. It's an herb. It was classified as a drug by, yup, government! It is a very useful plant, just in today's society some people use it for several reasons. Enjoying the "buzz" primarily, but for a lot of people they use it to relieve pain, anxiety, and other ailments. I have heard if people with MS that use it to cope with its symptoms. I will say this about it; it shouldn't be used recreationally until a person is at least 21 years of age. NO drug (or herb!) should be used until then. Let our brains develop before we torture our bodies. I hope every pill was confiscated and taken off the streets. That is the real danger to island kids. That and alcohol. Weed is used as a deterrent to the use of alcohol in alcoholics. It really isn't as bad as it has been made out to be.

• Ella
      January 31, 2014 - 07:56

Ever wonder why the term "Pot Head" came about? There's alot of people that use this "Herb" around their kids, have it around them and see nothing wrong with that. If you have a conversation with someone that you don't know, it becomes very evident that they are a heavy drug user, even with pot. It does have lasting effects, every non-drug user can see it.

• PEI RESIDANT
    January 30, 2014 - 23:06

Pills are a big problem here .maybe the DRs would are writing perscripions all the time should be questioned by the Island Health care Come on people dont need all this medication how much is the DRs getting for each perscription they write Something has to be done why is everybody so sick ????and in pain ???

• SS
      January 31, 2014 - 07:14

• SS
      January 31, 2014 - 11:07

Its not island doctors, Take a moment and think of the opiates that come from off the bridge. I can say as a recreational drug user that above is exactly the case!

• Jeff
    January 30, 2014 - 22:40

If pot is a drug, then let me ask you, how can you continue using alcohol or smokes if you do either? I have partaked in pot smoking the same as booze and not had my life destroyed till as soon as I started uppers within 6 months addiction set in and 3 years my world was nearly ruined and my body almost failed. To the anyone saying pot is just as bad, you have not had the meth monkey or other pills to throw off your back. I am glad they are doing this kind of bust, my generation has been wrecked by these harder drugs.

• Sorry POT IS A DRUG
    January 30, 2014 - 20:55

Most pot dealers are also dealing other drugs....I'm so happy to see the morons put behind bars. I'm a mother of a 17 year old with addictions that started with JUST POT!!! So don't start saying leave the POT dealers alone!!! And for gods sake Judge Douglas call in sick and let another judge deal with these guys and gals.

• Jeff
      January 30, 2014 - 22:42

Do you drink alcohol or coffe or smoke cigs? If you answer yes to anyone of these you are doing drugs also.

• some guy
      January 31, 2014 - 12:10

don't forget chocolate haha. saying pot is a gateway drug is like saying plants can talk and they tell you to take pills and shoot up. lol silly uneducated peislanders

• @Jeff
      January 31, 2014 - 12:17

I drink coffee Jeff, and NO it does not alter my mood or ability to make good or bad choices. Oh and its not an illegal substance

• @someguy
      January 31, 2014 - 13:36

All DRUGS come from a plant...are you a moron?

• Meeeeeee
    January 30, 2014 - 20:03

The confederation bridge should be a border crossing. Would help! Too many kids are addicted. Every parents worst nightmare! We have to help them as they cannot help themselves!

• concerned
    January 30, 2014 - 19:39

I actually lived in the house that's in the photo... scary to think that hard drugs are EVERYWHERE. Like....what?!?!?!?!?? I lived right there???? ah??????

• Happy Mom
    January 30, 2014 - 19:10

I am glad to hear this, but also very concerned as I heard the whole "clean up " story on the radio today as well as in the Guardian. No one should be tipped off and the media should be silenced until after the clean up is done. I bet there were lots who prepared and ran. Heavy fines. Jail time . Please. As the mother of an addict, we need to have these "sweeps" more often. I agree, make crossing the bridge here harder. Set up a search of vehicles from time to time.

• Happywiththis
    January 30, 2014 - 19:03

I think it's funny that people complain and complain that nothing is being done about things like this...(which I agree not enough is being done)...but then when something huge actually happens...they still complain about it happening.

• velvet
    January 30, 2014 - 18:42

I left P.E.I. 13 years ago and moved out West. Charlottetown had a crack dealer on every block back then. I weaned myself off ox cotton and am no longer on narcotics. I smoke cannabis (spider web strain) for my osteoarthritis and it helps with the pain. I also eat Hemp seeds. I am very pleased to hear Charlottetown is cleaning up and getting rid of the hard drug dealers, but leave the pot dealers alone. Pot keeps a lot of people off nerve pills (valium). Good bust R.C.M.P. and all the P.E.I. Police that were involved . Keep up the good work.

• Velda MacDonald
    January 30, 2014 - 18:08

I used to live in Charlottetown P.E.I. and over 13 years ago I moved to Calgary. I realized that all my friends were into the heavy drugs and cocaine was every where. I did not want to live around this choice of lifestyle or hang with the people that did the hard drugs. I weaned myself off ox cotton which was a legal prescription. I now am off all narcotics and smoke cannabis; the spider web strain for my osteoarthritis. I was happy to read that Charlottetown was cleaning up the city and making it a better place to live. There are too many young people dying from bad drugs or misuse of prescription drugs. I could have been one of those people. Thank you for reading my story.

• lock your doors
    January 30, 2014 - 17:49

They'll need more$ to pay the higher costs

• Yolo
    January 30, 2014 - 17:10

This is just like Grand Theft Auto 5 in real life!!!! YOLO!!!!!

• Happy Mother
    January 30, 2014 - 16:33

Very happy Charlottetown has one eye open. Now to continue cleaning house.

• Joeblow
    January 30, 2014 - 16:09

It's good they are getting them off of the streets, but they are never going to fix the problem unless they beef up the support system for addicts. It's near impossible to get on a harm reduction program on this Island. It's a sad state when people need to move provinces to get the help they need. Things are going to stay the way they are until we start lending a hand to people who need it instead of throwing them in jail where they will learn to be better at what they do.

• Wise One
    January 30, 2014 - 15:37

Ok Guardian now man up and print the accused names when they are charged.

• Islandher
    January 30, 2014 - 15:34

Great job! Is this task force also going to be present to deal with the withdrawals and break and enters that will come from this sweep? It's great that they are getting these people but maybe if they intervened before it got to the point of addiction this wouldn't need to happen

• Dumb Struck
    January 30, 2014 - 14:32

My thoughts exactly!! How many people did you tip off with this story first thing this morning if you're still searching?? 7+ hours have passed since I read it..I'd be sitting in Hali..having a drink long ago? Not understanding the early reporting on this..can someone answer that??????

• lenshemeltz
    January 30, 2014 - 14:28

Legalize pot and get the cops arresting those who are ripping off seniors out of their retirement income

• Pleased but concerned
    January 30, 2014 - 14:19

That's wonderful, but with this story you just tipped off all of the ones they haven't searched yet!! Very irresponsible reporting.

• therod
    January 30, 2014 - 14:12

in other news, there will be 40 new apartment units for rent on bayfield.

• Velcro
    January 30, 2014 - 14:07

Im still wondering how you even get busted for drugs here. Easy task to carry out

• A mother who knows
    January 30, 2014 - 13:47

Don't stop down there come right up to summerside. We have a few choice individuals to get out a here also. There is at least 5 biggies I can name off quick.

• Charlottetown Citizen
    January 30, 2014 - 13:26

Listen, Drugs are bad of course. We need EVERYTHING off the streets. Perks, Speed, Coke, whatever it is arrest the people who are selling it. However Marijuana ? Theres FAR to many people dealing marijuana. And its completely harmless. Guys over half the island is stoned on marijuana which is awesome ! including myself XD But dont arrest people for pot, thats just sad. We are better than that.

• Happy Parent.
    January 30, 2014 - 13:12

it's so awesome to know that these scumbag's that sell pills to our Children are finely going to go through some of the hell their junk has put Parents like myself and countless others through this past few years! ROT IN HELL ALL OF YOU!! To the police force's of the island... great work guy's!

• MOE
    January 30, 2014 - 12:28

Now CLEAN up STRATFORD , that may help a lot . Drugs are even way out in the rural ares .

• Scarface
    January 30, 2014 - 12:18

You pigs are never gonna catch us all! HA HA Ha hahaha

• Navigator
    January 30, 2014 - 11:00

My first reaction was "YAH! GO GET EM GUYS!" but I have to temper that with the fact that these are real people with real problems that they are arresting and I need to pray for them and their recovery. They have families that love them and care about them. There is no one past redemption. I hope that they are treated with respect and grace and I pray that this will be their catalyst to change and they will get whatever help they need to make that change.. Thank you, officers, for your long and tenacious work. Thank you for doing everything you can to keep peace in our society. I pray for your safety and internal peace as well. God Bless each of you.

• savannah
    January 30, 2014 - 10:49

GREAT!! clean up some of those disgusting people who roam the streets downtown.

• Pei girl
    January 30, 2014 - 10:45

Drugs are bad yes take from a person who's lived with it for years but lets just hope it's hard drugs and not just hash or weed and these people will win there court case Iam sure or the smart one anyway

• seen enough.
    January 30, 2014 - 10:44

Hmm. Why do i feel this wont make a difference in charlottetown what so ever.

• Pablo Escobar
    January 30, 2014 - 10:43

Hmm lots of opportunity opening up in the drug trade, put away 40 people 80 more will pop up and get started, they can put dents in it all they want but when will everyone realize it's a waste of money trying to get drugs off the street they should be putting the money into helping addicts get the help they need, supply and demand help the people first idiots less demand in turn less drugs and dealers around duhhhh but then again our jails would be pretty empty if that happened and save the taxpayers a lot of money there.... Like why would you want a drug dealer to go to jail??? Then your feeding him and giving him free shelter till they are back out and at it again meanwhile little jimmy next door moves up and fills the void left by the former drug dealer, it's 2014 when will people wake up and smell the ganja, yeah leave weed alone anyone with half a bit of sense knows how harmless the plant is the problem around here is the opiates cus that's what people get addicted to that's what gets ppl sticking needles in their arms and the doctors here hand em out like candy.... My rant for the day

• George Jung
      January 31, 2014 - 11:58

You exactly right Pablo, if only some more people had the same common sense.. amazing how clueless some people are

• Concerned mother
    January 30, 2014 - 10:36

Great work, I think if we clean up as many of the drug dealers workers as possible then that will force the big dealers to do their own work, this should make it easier to clean them out as well. I am so pleased to see our police force is working hard on this out of control growing problem.

• Ryno
      January 30, 2014 - 17:00

(reply to "concerned mother"s comment)The "big dealers" dont care about the little fish . little fish are expendable and easily replaceable. If we want to control this growing problem, which i agree is getting out of control , we need to have a community . With such things as, like, maybe a Youth club, with a gym where the youth can socialize with mentors an get cultured, maybe learn some music. A place where everyone can put in. most people (especially kids) do drugs because they are not busy enough. Save money on rehab centres and build community centres.

• Ex-user
    January 30, 2014 - 10:34

Well something has to be done.. People are going to start packing guns soon

• Sassy
    January 30, 2014 - 10:31

Hopefully the focus isn't on marijuana....our justice system is clogged and over burdened with the over criminalization of marijuana users. The prescription drug problem is rampant and is a far more dangerous to our youth. Treating the bridge as a border may cut down on some but they need to focus on the doctors who willingly hand out scripts, the nurses, lpns, and pharmacy employees...the abuse of prescription drugs wouldn't be possible without their cooperation to put it on the street.

• Concerned Mother
      January 30, 2014 - 17:00

Marijuana. is where most drug addicts start off. I hope they get them all.

• trev mac
      January 31, 2014 - 04:44

i wouldnt pay alot of attention to ""sorry pot is a drug "" or ""concerned mother"" lmao they obviously havent read any books on the subject of the miracle HERB...sure pot maybe the first thing a youth may try ,,why because it is a herb that grows very easily almost anywhere which means easy access at all times cannot be stopped lol..though i also know and seen with my own eyes alot of people get off the pills and start using pot instead of methadone which IS a drug and have never touched a pill again ...POT IS AN AMAZING HELPFUL SAFE alternative that can replace alot of the man made pharmaceuticals that are loaded with too many bad side effects to even list here

• blah
    January 30, 2014 - 10:22

Congratulations! Now that supply is temporarily somewhat disrupted, demand will be high! Those that step in will make a killing. Oh, but the prices we'll see! And the desperation and misery am9ongst the population among us who need these. Wouldn't it make sense to do this WITH PROGRAMS IN PLACE TO HELP ADDICTS ? There are none. Watch robbery and thefts climb significantly in the next little bit. It happens every time there's a bust. This time? I wouldn't want to own a nice looking home or be a retail worker on nights. Short sighted, harmful, wrongheaded approach to a health problem through criminal means.

• trev mac
    January 30, 2014 - 09:51

unfortunately you can b guaranteed alot of pot also seized ,,,with laws changing the government will be looking at pot more like a tobacco product ,,, they are the only 1`s able to make the prices and sell it now to fill there pockets ....hopefully there are more pills than pot though,, that is what we all still want to see off the street more than anything ,,so hopefully our dollars were spent ""more so"" for that :)

• jay
    January 30, 2014 - 09:48

Respect the work and effort that went in to this but we all know it's a drop in the bucket. The supply may be short for a few weeks but it will be right back to where it was in no time, I doubt anyone looking for a fix will be out for long.

• doris
    January 30, 2014 - 09:44

way to go . cheque the expired licens plates all so.

• Justin
    January 30, 2014 - 09:44

Great job, now go arrest the 40 guys who just replaced them.

• Great Job
    January 30, 2014 - 09:40

You would think the element of surprise would be important in these kinds of raids. If they are to continue on through the course of the day perhaps it would have been a good idea to hold off with the press release until they were finished. Great to see though. Now if the courts would just do their part. To loosely quote Sheldon on Big Bang Theory, no point butchering a pig if no one wants bacon...

• Darlene
    January 30, 2014 - 09:35

I agree with Ryan pills are the big problem here on the island they are what's really destroying out children

• My Opinion
    January 30, 2014 - 09:31

I am really saddened that some people go down to that level. I mean, anyone can have a good life if they just try. Don't anyone go on to me about situations. We all get put in bad situations at one point or another, but life is all about choices.

• Mactaquac
    January 30, 2014 - 09:26

Nice that it makes people feel better but this will have no effect whatsoever on the ability of myself - if I was inclined - to procure any kind of drug on this island or anywhere else. Expensive police resources and court costs for what? Peeing into the wind my friends.

• Betty Begg
    January 30, 2014 - 09:26

Hats off for the great work of those involved in getting these people off the streets and homes . Just think how many will not get these drugs and some for the first time . We are quick to tear people down with there jobs but lift them up for a job well done here . Next time you see somebody that is responsible for this action say Thank You and Smile .

• Ren
    January 30, 2014 - 09:24

Great work. Keep going. Proud of our police today.

• tattoo johnny
    January 30, 2014 - 09:18

i think if the law wants ta beat the drug problem,they should make the confederation bridge a border crossing,and stop playing cat and mouse with these people,chew on that lawmen....

• Vonda
    January 30, 2014 - 08:56

Hope they are picking up people in Cornwall as well

• Impressive
    January 30, 2014 - 08:50

We haven't had one this big in a very long time...hat is some good work show's our dollars being put to good use finally

• SlaveOfCanada
      January 30, 2014 - 11:40

Our tax dollars are not 'being put to good use.' Our tax dollars go to the sponsors of the liberal and conservative parties, we pay them 160,000,000,000 every day just because they are the bankers that put our politicians in power. Don't believe me? Search 'the oh canada movie' on youtube.

• ryan
    January 30, 2014 - 08:40

I really hope they are concentrating on the people distributing prescription pills. Thats where the major drug issues are on this island...

• Mr. Mackey
    January 30, 2014 - 08:01

Drugs are bad mmkay! great news

• ann
    January 30, 2014 - 08:00

way to go keep up the good work

• concerned islander
    January 30, 2014 - 07:55

Now too get 100 more drug dealers off our streets

• savannah
      January 30, 2014 - 10:50

too true !! there are far too many out there.

• Concerned Parent
    January 30, 2014 - 07:33

Sweet

• me
    January 30, 2014 - 07:21

Right on !!

• LA
    January 30, 2014 - 07:01

Good news, keep up the good work and proactive activity.

• Marie
      January 30, 2014 - 10:51

Iagree with tattoo Johnny , make it that they can't get the drugs on the Island . Great Job

• Concerned parent and citizen
      January 30, 2014 - 18:51

Thank you LA! Finally, someone who appreciates the efforts of the Charlottetown Police Services.... As a concerned citizen, today, was just an example of their commitment to the citizens, of not only Charlottetown, but Prince Edward Island as a whole. "Operation Clean-Sweep"was a start to help make the streets of our province a little safer for the children, the residents, and the community as a whole. Drugs are rampant everywhere, and you will probably never be able to get rid of all the bad apples, but I applaud their efforts... and say "thank you".