Vehicle rollover on the Charlottetown Bypass

Charlottetown firefighters and Island EMS attend the scene of a vehicle rollover off the Charlottetown Bypass at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22.

Emergency crews responded to a vehicle rollover on the Charlottetown Bypass between St. Peter's Road and Brackley Point Road.

A white Grand Am left the highway just before 11:30 a.m. and landed on its roof, trapping the female driver inside.

Charlottetown firefighters, police and Island EMS responded to the crash and were able to free the woman, whose injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

West-bound traffic on the Charlottetown Bypass was diverted for a period of time but police expect traffic to be flowing in both directions shortly.

Geographic location: Brackley Point Road

Comments

Comments

• ok
    January 23, 2014 - 12:35

There was the same thing over the holidays on Lwr Malpeque Rd and an ambulance left the scene. Yet, it was not in the paper then.

• woman driver
    January 23, 2014 - 04:14

I am a female driver and even i can't deny that every 2nd or 3rd womam driving is on their cellphone. I doubt thats what happened here but it crazy how many young woman still don't get how dangerous it is to talk/text while driving. For anyone that wants to challenge what I say about woman drivers , take a drive around and watch for them. I bet it won't take long

• candrayo
      January 23, 2014 - 06:45

Yes woman driver….it is only the woman who don't get it….right……..thanks for helping our cause…..NOT! Women take the blame for enough in society…where we shouldn't….can we not do it here too please! Cell phones while driving is a HUMAN problem…not a gender or a race problem.

• snow job
    January 22, 2014 - 15:36

tires look like there are bald in the picture if so she should be charged for on safe equipment also check when it was inspected!!!!!!!!!!!

• vick
    January 22, 2014 - 14:12

haha i was texting as I drove by this scene and I am a guy so goes both ways ……..

• NotaGURL
    January 22, 2014 - 13:48

Uh, I am a woman, and I don't text while driving, or answer my phone while driving. I drive a car with my two children in the backseat! I however see men and women on their phones while driving, this may have been a woman that was in this accident ... But the next news article up is two men who were in an accident!! Check your sexist remarks at the door, and no one says "gurl" anymore!

• And...
    January 22, 2014 - 12:59

Just as many BOYS talking on their phone too ;). Weather was more likely a factor today.

• sexist much?
    January 22, 2014 - 12:54

Because it was a girl u assume she was texting ??? Ever think it might have been road conditions ???

• Smart Driver
    January 22, 2014 - 11:51

Likely texting was the cause of this one! Gurls, yes GURLS love to text anywhere no-matter-what! I see it on-the-road all the time.